Weather Display on iPhone/iPad via clientraw.txt

Hi All,

Just a note that I added support to display clientraw.txt to a little weather app I’ve created called Sol Tiempo.

It’s free and supports iPhone/iPad devices and allows new weather sources to be added/configured via an XML configuration file.

You can download it here :-

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/sol-tiempo/id372732145?mt=8

Cheers

Kevin

Nice iphone app works well Thanks

does it only display in Celcius? Can’t find a setting to switch to Fahrenheit?

is this a an actual program that runs on an Iphone where you then select the clientraw.txt file location?
if so, good job
thats something I was looking at creating but did not progress very far :slight_smile:

Looks great on the iPad, is there a way to change the units of measure ie knots to mph etc
But otherwise a Nice looking app :slight_smile:

Steve

Excellent app, it would be nice to be able to the units i.e. knots to mph or kph and temp, other than that nice work

Well done! Thanks!

Would love to see a way to chg units on the wdl profile.

Barryt

Very nice… but agree that it needs to do some unit conversions for those of us not so fluent in the metric units…

Sorry for the delay in replying, There is a new universal version of Sol Tiempo in review with Apple, should be available in a week (hopefully).

http://twitpic.com/325hjm

You can now view the Temp in Celcius or Farenheight, the graphs are still metric in this version, I’ll fix that next release.

I’ll update this post once it’s available.

Cheers

Kevin

Excellent? What about the other units? MPH, inHG?
Thanks!

Very nice!
Did you get m/s in there as well as unit for windspeed?

The new version (2.1) is now available from the AppStore, you now have the option to display the main temp in Celcius/Farenheight. (It’s a dynamic update, so wait 10 seconds for it to download).

The wind is still Knots, Graphs are Knots,Celcius,MM.

I’ll fix the graph units next update, It’s a bit more work on the QuotaXML engine which drives all this and needs to be tested in the other products it’s used in.

Cheers

Kevin
http://www.southfreo.com

how do you change from Celcius/Farenheight?

Sorry the update server crashed overnight and It’s now back up.

Here’s how to ensure you get the latest update which allows Temp in C/F.

Go into Sol Tiempo (If you running OS4+ you’ll need to check for updates, do this by tapping the lower right hand button and clicking “App Settings”)

Wait 10 seconds for the update to apply.

Now when you tap on the “i” for a weather display provider you should see “Temperature Unit” under URL for Clientraw.txt

If you find the temperature settings is not being remembered, restart Sol Tiempo (for OS4+ you double tap home to bring up the multi-tasking bar, then hold Sol-Tiempo until it wiggles, then tap “-”)

The tap the SolTiempo icon again and it will restart.

Let me know any probs.

Cheers

Kevin

If it’s not remembering the temperature settings, you just need to restart the app (Not delete it)

Double-tap the Home button, hold on the “Sol Tiempo icon” to start the jiggling, and hit the minus sign on your app.

Maybe my phone is to old I have the 3g phone not the 4g ??

I tried it a few more times and now it seems to be working we’ll see if it stays!! :smiley:

Should be fine now, It’s just the way the update works, needs a restart to “stick” :smiley:

Let me know any other probs, if you have time for an iTunes review after using it for awhile, that would be appreciated.

Will do hopefully we can get MPH and rain in inches all would be well!! Thanks for your hard work!! :slight_smile: