ajaxgizmo.php but can't figure it out?

Hi All,

Noticed this after i updated to the new Alternative ajaxWDwx.js script.

In my ajaxgizmo.php i have this:

<span class="ajaxcontent8" style="display: none">UV-index: 
       <span class="ajax" id="gizmouv"><?php echo $VPuv; ?></span>&nbsp;
	   <span style="color: #ffffff">
         <span class="ajax" id="gizmouvword"><?php echo gizmo_get_UVrange($VPuv); ?></span>
	   </span>
	</span>

When i look at the source of the index i see this:

<span class="ajax" id="gizmouv">3.0</span>&nbsp;
         <span class="ajax" id="gizmouvword"><span style="border: solid 1px;background-color: #FBEE09;">&nbsp;Medium&nbsp;</span></span>
	   </span>
	</span>

But on the page itself everything else is working correctly except the uv part where i end up seeing it like this:

UV-index: 2 0 Low

where the 0 is in the box itself, where looking at other sites it is as this:

<span class="ajax" id="gizmouv">0.0</span>&nbsp;
         <span class="ajax" id="gizmouvword">None</span>
	   </span>
	</span>

and shows on there page as this:

UV-index: 0.0 Low

Looking over everything i can’t figure out where it is grabbing the extra spaces to put the 0 into the color box with the word for the UV.

Thanks!

I looked at it a bit too and was not able to see where the background was getting set to zero. I was hoping that the author was going to come back and do some updates. Maybe Ken has an idea?

It is weird tho, I checked other websites and seen no issues on the few i was at. But on my internal network where i have mine it comes up like that for some reason. I went into every file that loads that area in and can’t seen where it is getting that 0 moved over there.

I believe you are describing the symptom I wrote about here…http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/357407.

I never appended my results to that thread, I guess I should.

I was able to confirm the problem was in the “function ajax_getUVrange…” starting at line 1159 of Rainers bws-script-ajaxWDwx-v911 (911b). I didn’t have the skills (php) to debug that function so I replaced it with some code of Ken’s I found in another thread.

So I replaced

function ajax_getUVrange ( uv ) { // code simplified by FourOhFour on wxforum.net
   var uvword = "None";
   var uvclr1  = UVColor[Math.min(11,Math.round(uv))];
   switch (true) {
   case (uv < 0): uvword = langUVWords[6]; uvclr2 = 'none';    break; // UV sensor is not sending
   case (uv = 0): uvword = langUVWords[0]; uvclr2 = 'none';    break; // None
   case (uv < 3): uvword = langUVWords[1]; uvclr2 = '#4EB400'; break; // Low
   case (uv < 6): uvword = langUVWords[2]; uvclr2 = '#F7E400'; break; // Medium
   case (uv < 8): uvword = langUVWords[3]; uvclr2 = '#F85900'; break; // High
   case (uv <11): uvword = langUVWords[4]; uvclr2 = '#D8001D'; break; // Very High
   case (uv >18): uvword = langUVWords[6]; uvclr2 = 'none';    break; // UV sensor is not sending
   default      : uvword = langUVWords[5]; uvclr2 = '#998CFF';        // Extreme
   }
   return ('<span style="border: 1px solid gray; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; padding-bottom: 1px; background-color: '+ uvclr1 +';">&nbsp;'+Math.round(uv) +'&nbsp;'+ uvword +'&nbsp;</span>');
}; // end ajax_getUVrange function

with code…

function ajax_getUVrange ( uv ) { // code simplified by FourOhFour on wxforum.net
   var uvword = "Unspec.";
   if (uv <= 0) {
       uvword = langUVWords[0];
   } else if (uv < 3) {
       uvword = "<span style=\"border: solid 1px; color: black; background-color: #4EB400;\">&nbsp;"+langUVWords[1]+"&nbsp;</span>";
   } else if (uv < 6) {
       uvword = "<span style=\"border: solid 1px; color: black; background-color: #F7E400;\">&nbsp;"+langUVWords[2]+"&nbsp;</span>";
   } else if (uv < 8) {
       uvword =  "<span style=\"border: solid 1px; color: black; background-color: #F85900;\">&nbsp;"+langUVWords[3]+"&nbsp;</span>";
   } else if (uv < 11) {
       uvword =  "<span style=\"border: solid 1px; color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #D8001D;\">&nbsp;"+langUVWords[4]+"&nbsp;</span>";
   } else {
       uvword =  "<span style=\"border: solid 1px; color: #FFFF00; background-color: #998CFF;\">&nbsp;"+langUVWords[5]+"&nbsp;</span>";
   }
   return uvword;
} // end ajax_getUVrange function

I then packed the file into a new ajaxWDwx-packed.js.

Thanks for the heads up on that, That fixed it with just changing it in the ajaxwdwx.