yowindow

I have chased this around alot and for some reason WD isn’t generating a yowindow.xml file update. It is there, but the data appeared once, yesterday at about 12:30 pm and now it doesn’t update.

I have checked, that to make the file, to update the file to the web site and I do not want the custom variety. I also tried it with the custom ticked.

I can live without it, but just curious why WD is not updating the file

Aardvark,

When Brian first added the feature, mine didn’t want to update either. Brian advised me to spread out my uploads in case things were getting overloaded. I did that and no change. Then all of a sudden it began making the file on the 5’s, but not on the 0’s (WD should be doing it every 5 minutes). Somewhere along the line it started working on both the 5’s and the 0’s with no update to WD. Kind of strange, but it’s working fine for me now. Sorry I couldn’t be more enlightening.

• Jim

it isn’t doing anything… I will see if maybe updating it at a different time might kick start it. or I could always look out the window. I will try that spreading out the times a bit and see if it will update the xml… if not … well it is made in russia… the new Japan…

What is yowindow?

See here

Stuart

Thanks.

changing the times did help, I switched off the bypass and it now works. Interesting.

Now all I have to do is get the custom script to play nice … I get the Na a lot, so I will have some free time in a few weeks to work on that. Yowindow is a nice thing… Iput it on my website but I disagree with their season spread… so I posted it on their forum what I think Iowa should look like.

anyway, I appreciate the information. :smiley:

The yowindow.xml is only one line of data and just 1kb.
It can’t take much resource to create.

I think they are fairly new so they are glad to get input. I posted there about the start of spring in KY and he updated it with in 24 hours.

I am going to have to work on the custom script… it doesn’t seem to like it.

oh there is always some thing to do with this hobby… and that is always good. Right now I am thinking about moving a sensor from inside the lawn shed to outside without the wife finding out… that is going to be a tough project. Ideally run the sensor wire out and screw it to the side of the unit… but she won;t have any of that… I know, what are you a man or a mouse, me? squeek, squeek… pass the cheese… :roll:

Aardvark - I like the YoWindow shot of Iowa today, doesn’t look too bad with a few yellow wild flowers etc and 10mph wind… Iowa in Spring!!

TK

he updated his site… I had him change the dates of the seasons. Now he needs to put a picture of a few ant hills, and me out back grilling. In reality I am writing IEPs… oh joy. After this one, I have one more to do in middle of May,then I am done for the season. It is nice outside today. Granddaughter is going over to her dad’s place, we are arguing that she needs to wear a light jacket… she is sleeveless and hoping to sneak out the door. Gramps has the camera on the driveway to see that doesn’t happen. I was hoping to get the wife to take me out to Rubes, but maybe next weekend. :?

I have yowindow running on my computer. I am using the “yowindow-sam.php” file to supply information to yowindow from my PWS. Two things I noticed, I add the information for my PWS and save it. It seems to take several minutes before yowindow starts updating using my PWS info. Secondly, when the computer is shutdown and restarted my PWS information has disappeared and I have to reenter the info each time yo is started. Anyone notice this?
jp

YoWindow normally updates every 5 minutes, but if you hit F5 it’ll do it right then. As for the other, maybe you’re running the free desktop version? I’m not sure whether or not that will save the station url … that might be a question for their forum.

• Jim

Edit: Just noticed on the YoWindow forum that someone else had the saving problem and the new version should fix that.

Got the new version and all is well… Thanks.
jp