Horray, i now have wireless broadband!

:lol: :firestarter:
much much faster!!!
its 512k speed, 2 gig data
i also got a router, but i have not set that up yet :wink:

congrats!!! :occasion1:

now you get the joy of even more script kiddies trying to get into your computer :evil:

Excellent ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just do make sure that there is a reasonably capable firewall between you and the internet. I can recommend a very good Linux build at www.ipcop.org. :wink:

Cheers
Colin.

i have zone alarm pro at the moment, but the wireless router has a firewallā€¦i will set that up 2 niteā€¦

:slight_smile:

now i just have to face the music:
the wife getting home from work!!

its like a dream come true!!

The wifeā€™s not home yet then? :lol:

not yetā€¦she is bringing home chinese for dinnerā€¦
she has been relief teaching all week (to help pay for our house mortgage 8O )

just set up a WDL page from the davis VP station i have here :slight_smile:
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/flash/

Probably feels like the difference walking up the Sears tower versus taking the Express elevatorā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

holy cow - did they find the missing parts to make it work .

thatā€™s good news Brian ( yourā€™ve been waiting longer enough )
did the wired country guyā€™s do any testing ?

Now youā€™ve experienced broadband youā€™ll never be able to go back to dial-up. :smiley:

ā€¦Another criteria when it comes to moving houseā€¦

Julian

yes, i bascily had to move house to be able to get it, LOL :slight_smile:

Ok, I heard of many reasons to move, bad neighborhood, better schools, closer to work, but never ā€œTo get broadbandā€. :slight_smile: I guess weā€™ll have to add that to the list as well. Congrats. Oh no! Does this mean weā€™ll be getting even more version of WD. I canā€™t keep up. :smiley:

Brian, you have a 2 GB download cap?
Do they have a unlimited option? Just asking, cause we are moving to NZ in oct.
In Canada we have (pretty much across the country), unlimited downloads for $39.95 a month for broadband. 1.5 MB dl (some places do have an upload cap though).

hi
no, it just means you pay extra above that per gig. :wink:
there is also adsl, but my local exchange does not have it, and its not coming anytime soon, LOL
there is also another wireless provider in my area,which is much cheaper, but they didnt have the coverage needed :cry:

starting to get windy here today, gusts to 55 kts forecasted this afternoon!

see my weather data here at the new house
(and we are going away for the weekend, wont be here to see the stormā€¦typical!)

http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/grahamsbeach.htm
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/flash/

Ok, I heard of many reasons to move, bad neighborhood, better schools, closer to work, but never "To get broadband".

It was an absolute, mandatory requirement when I moved house 18 months ago. We looked at a few houses that were what we wanted but were without broadband when I checked, so they were dumped. Mind you I had broadband before I moved, so it was a case of not wanting to lose something that Iā€™d experienced and felt I couldnā€™t do without.

(and we are going away for the weekend, wont be here to see the storm...typical!)
You'll miss your new wireless broadband antenna being blown down as well ;-)

hope not!
its secured quite wellā€¦

been up tp 35 kts so far, but gusts to 65 kts forecasted later today (110kmh)

Hi Sask

Do they have a unlimited option? Just asking, cause we are moving to NZ in oct.

Can depend where in the country you are. Down here in Wellington we have a cable company that offers some pretty good deals. I have 512 up/down for $69.95 per mth with a 10 gig cap, but I have never got anywhere near that usage. The plans have changed recently and now they offer 2 mbits with a 5 gig cap for the same price.

What part of NZ will you be moving to?

Colin.

i just tried a download of wd (beta)
only took 2 minutes!
amazing!
:firestarter: :mrgreen:

update, using ws_ftp, the transfer rate is only 110kā€¦
so the upload is much slower than downloadsā€¦its still heaps faster than it was!