USB HUB

Is there any benefits to running your station and/or 1-wire sensors on a powered USB Hub? Just wondering. Thanks, Mark.

Hi,

With a Hub you can have “Star” network, rather than a daisy-chain of all you sensors.

If you plan to have more than a few sensors, a hub, I think is a good option.

Cheers
Peter

Hi Mark,

I think that there may be some benefits using a powered USB hub. It may take some burden off the computer. You will still need to contend with powering your UV sensor. BTW, did you have time to check your Lightning detector version and have you had a chance to redo your daisy chain sequence by putting the Lightning detector first? Just wondering if that worked out for you.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

i havent hooked the lightning back up yet… Everything is still running good with solar first, then the UV… Im kind of scared to mess with anything cause its working…lol… Once the weather gets a little better, I’ll add the lightning back up and get the version number off of it.

Hi Mark,

Okay on your setup as of now. Yep, I agree with you. Leave it alone until you have the the time, weather permitting, to make changes with the system. What version of WD are you presently using? Looks like build 26 is up now but I am still using build 15 as it seems to be stable for me. May want to see what happens to update to build 26 when time permits. I like to make changes during the night time as all is kinda at rest. No solar, UV, winds light, etc.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

I just updated today from build 22 to 26… so far so good with everything.