Ajax & others!

Hi all,

Since taking my website down decided now to install apache and php, and everything is working except for some errors i can’t seem to figure out with the scrips, alot come from the settings.php file here is a paste of the errors:

Notice: Undefined index: REMOTE_HOST in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\Settings.php on line 35

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/New_York’ for ‘-5.0/no DST’ instead in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\Settings.php on line 71

Notice: Undefined variable: ourTZ in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\Settings.php on line 179

Notice: date_default_timezone_set() [function.date-default-timezone-set]: Timezone ID ‘’ is invalid in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\Settings.php on line 179

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/New_York’ for ‘-5.0/no DST’ instead in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\Settings.php on line 183

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\flyout-menu.php on line 422

That list is really long on the flyout menu part of things also.

running Apache 2.2.11 and php 5 on the same server that the weather display is on. and ideas what needs to be changed in the settings.php to get it all working with running my own www server here?

thanks

I have seen this message before on another server where a website is being run. As I recall, and I will have to further request info from him, his problem boiled down to nothing more than a setting issue in another config file in Apache. He fixed that file and the error went away. Unless someone gets back to you before I do I will respond as soon as I contact him and he advises me what he had to repair.

As I further think about this Apache wrote duplicate files somewhere where the timezone setting was not set correctly. Might want to use this bit of information and see if this is the case. In the meantime I will contact my buddy and review.

I have also heard of people having problems with Apache under the “Program Files” directory. Not sure if it has something to do with the space in the name.

What I use is pretty simple. XAMPP is a prepackaged setup for Apache/PHP/Perl/Pear/MySQL that can be had in a zip file and installation is simple and to the point. Works out of the box. I’d suggest trying that. I had my site up and running in about 2 hours with it, with the XAMPP directory in c:\xampp. The DocumentRoot of Apache was c:\xampp\htdocs. All the program files as noted earlier are also in subdirectories of this.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

You are a lifesave i have to say, When without a hitch and works 100% only error i am getting which i hope to figure out fast is:

Warning: require(include-whos-online-header.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\weather\Settings.php on line 185

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘include-whos-online-header.php’ (include_path=‘.;C:\xampp\xampp\php\PEAR’) in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\weather\Settings.php on line 185

I have a backup of the sql’s from the server i was hosting with now tinkering with it.

Thank you!

Glad to hear the other suggestion worked out fo you and will kep this in mind fo my reference later on. Is this setup for Linux?

I was uable to catch my buddy tonight and discuss this as was just aware, right after I previously posted, that a mutual friend just passed today from a massive MI. Scares the bejesus out of me as many of my friends and relatives over the last 12 months have been called home and I wonder when my name shall be called.

Running on windows xp sp3. The Xampp was a lifesave, took all the hard work out of doing everything seperate, So now i can access my own server on my local network without having to have it running 24/7. Since that system was offline when i took it down in december took about 4hrs to pull all the data from it lol.

That’s exactly what I’m running is XP SP3. It’s the most compatible for the weather software I currently run (WD and RealEmwin). Many people don’t realize that XP is essentially a server packaged as a desktop OS…well, XP Pro anyway.

Do you have a C:/xampp/xampp directory? I’d look into that first. It seems to be calling a path with identical directories two levels deep.

Yea when i installed it i created a xxamp dir, and the software created a sub dir with the same name, but is working find, just in the scripts i had to change all the tags that where pointing to the domain i had to my local ip i am using for the scripts as in 192.168.15.x with the dir for the files after.