Extra sensor offset

Hi Brian
I have a Labjack with temperature sensor setup as extra sensor 1. It is about 5 degrees high. I tried to correct with offset extra temperature1 (setup, control panel , barometer offset, other offsets, and rainfall). I said yes, ok, and save & exit. Restarted program but I don’t see any change in temperature? Am I changing the right offset or is this for somthing else.
I have tried -5, -10, -50, I also tried plus number.
Thanks Again Joe

ahhh
i had not hooked up the extra temperature offsets

done that now for the next update
( i will let you know when that is ready, and i will add ability to add soil temperature from the labjack sensor too)

(the labjack looks to be gaining in popularity as an easy way to add extra temperature sensors to any weather station!)

Hi Brian
Thanks for the quick reply and excellent software. Labjack was easy to start up, I will be adding solar and lighting counter, waiting for parts.
Thanks Again Joe :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Joe,

I’m just making a couple of solar sensors, what were you thinking of using with the JabJack?

Hi Nikoshepherd
I was going to use temperature with glass jar. I looked at solor sensor at Hobby-boards but not sure if I can make it work with Labjack. I built there lighting counter and it looks good. I left out 1-wire chip and added a resistor and a jumper. It works on the bench, now I need a storm.

Joe

hi
if you can get the solar to work with the labjack, then i will do the same too (as It will be cheaper than getting a davis solar!)
a new 10.12t has abilituy to select which labjack sensor to use as soil temperature…

(in the labjack data view)

I got my solar and UV sensors from Bluewave - http://www.bluewaveltd.co.uk/weather/uk.html - roughly half the price of Davis, but with a better spec. They’re bringing out a retrofit FARS later this summer as well.

Julian

It’s not difficult, all that’s in there is a photodiode, a dual op-amp, 3 resistors and 2 caps. The hardest part is the mechanical stuff. Unfortunately in the UK you have the “dollars to pounds” effect, I got my Davis solar for about $ 130.