Mid-Atlantic United States Snowstorm

That is a lot of Snow
Coyote

How are things weather wise in MD and VA today?

Get some pictures too Michael!

Wow, 30 inches of wet snow is going to do lots of stuctural damage. :frowning:

I’ll take pictures throughout the day tomorrow…I’ll post them up for you all to see!

Michael

Well 30 inches of snow is a lot !

Even here in Quebec (north) we never saw that amount of snow !

Good luck !

Only had 10 inches of snow in Brittany, France in Jan and my shed was flattened, all the best and hope all goes well.

As of 6am here in Bucks County, PA (about 30 miles NorthWest of Philly) its snowing to beat-the-band. (if thats possible). So far I have 11.3 inches of snow on the ground out of the 4-12 inches the NWS has for my area. Now if one would look at my site, the current conditions show Dry, Night Time. Tha has not once switched over to snow, or heavy snow at all during this storm.

And maybe another 6-10 inches of snow Tuesday Night and Wednesday.

Happy Shoveling Chris 8)

Oh to the contrare…Last winter I purchased a super charged 32inch snowblower with a 12 hp engine. With 2 teenage sons inside watching their 52yo father snow-blow I sure as heck don’t want them feeling sorry for me!!!

Absolutely amazing winter storm here… 8O 8O 8O 8O

As of 8:15a.m., my unofficial “snow pole” says 26" of snow. Its still snowing hard and the NWS is forecasting 5-9" today. The wife took some digital photos and I will post some images up on my site soon! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Michael

@Chris

Sounds like fun. I love snowblowing. Used mine 1x so far which is unbelievable.

@Michael

Holy Crap! The cities there are gonna be buried for a few days.

Here is one for everyone…I was woken up by the sound of “thunder” this morning!! Strange phenomenon…Local news stated that there was a “Thundersnow storm” sitting over my area… 8O :lol:

Thundersnow is very cool Michael. We’ll get that in early winter up here
with heavy lake effect snow. Just like a summertime thunderstorm, except HEAVY snow.

Added some images to the photo album, I will add a few more later

See current images here: http://www.relayweather.com/wxphoto.php

And your rain bucket shows zero tips. Are you using a metar for conditions?

FWIW, I see “Obscured - snow; blowing snow” but I also saw it display Dry before that came up…

Have to agree with Tony holy crap that is a lot of snow. It is going to bite when all that stuff melts to. Be careful!

Chuck

Storm is over here…the snowpole measures 29.5"

Some areas around here got mid 30" to 40"!!! 8O 8O 8O http://www.relayweather.com/wxpublicstatement.php

Post a bunch more images for you all to see: http://www.relayweather.com/wxphoto.php

Storm over for now…round two coming in a few days??? #-o #-o

25 inches measured at Harpers Ferry, WV. I have a 120 foot long driver and I thank God that I have a snow blower.

I will say one thing that WFO Sterling office did an outstanding job on this event. They put out a Winter Storm Watch on Wednesday afternoon for Friday morning thru Saturday and then followed it up with a Winter Storm Warning on Thursday. They forecasted 20 to 30 inches starting on Wednesday, which verified very well. The winter storm warning mentioned locally heavier amounts. Kudos to the WFO Sterling office for a job very well done.

John