WD Mac Intel - New Install and Upgrade Info

see the file
tagslist.txt
for a list of all the custom tags you can put into the template file

e.g
temperature = %temp%
in a file called wxlocal.html in the webfiles folder
and then use the special file conversion and set the remote file name as you want (and file extension)

I came from a windows/Davis software environment, but got my first mac in 2005. Davis software is really bad on the mac, which is why I found out about WD.

Converting your data is very easy. If you have all your old .wlk files you can easily import them - one at a time. But it does work !!

Hope that helps

I was wondering If the new update for WD for mac also includes LaCrosse WS2812U-IT in its arsenal of weather stations.

Cpozega

no, sorry
as that station has no data protocol available
(WD for windows relies on a data file updated by the heavy weather software that comes with the station)

I have now for some days, tried to get WD work on a Mac Mini with Mavericks installed → No success. :?

I have tried all I could find of help from the forum pages, but it’s obviously something wrong with the USB settings. I’ve tried to install the Weather-Tracker app, and this works perfectly, so the problems needs to be in the Weather Display settings.

Can someone more experienced with WD on a mac help me, I’ve run out of ideas…

gunnerk

what weather station type?

Oh, sorry :oops:

It’s a WMR100

gunnerk

have you installed the Mono Run time Library from the WD download page?

Hi Brian,
I’m trying for a long time upgrading to newer versions without success, but now I decided to ask for your support.
I’m running more or less smoothly (the app stops responding some days at 00:08…) WD Mac Ver. 10.37S Build 24.
I downloaded from your download pages the version available today (build 272). I drag the app to Applications Folder but the app crashes at startup.
My concerns: (1) Keep the history and all settings, (2) keep connection with my Davis Vantage Pro 2 and (3) keep the registration.
Can you please help me?
Thank you

the problem will likely be some settings/fonts or similar in the WDISPLAY.INI
what you can do is start over with new settings
and then copy across sections, e.g rain data, all time records, etc
to do that, back up your WDISPLAY.INI and widsplayftp.ini settings files in the Library folder
then delete the wdisplay folder in that library folder

then WD should start up, with a new folder in
\Users[yourusername]\Documents\wdisplay\

setup the basics needed to get the program running
then exit
then copy the datafiles (except the xxxxlatesttime.inf data file), and logfiles and webfiles folder to that new location from your back up from above
and then make sure WD runs OK

if all ok
exit again then copy the wdisplayftp.ini file across
make sure WD runs OK
if OK then exit then copy sections of data from the back up WDISPLAY.INI to the new wdisplay.ini, when WD is not running, testing to make sure it runs each time

Attached the crash report.
I don’t feel confident to do the steps above… Can you arrive to any conclusion with the report?
Thank you

WD Crash Report.txt (84.4 KB)

the crash report does not provide any usefull information
if you follow my detailed steps above then you will have success

Hi Brian,
The problem seems to be with this section… If I remove it, it doesn’t crash… What do you suggest?

[Weather Station Type]
done funky colour=yes
Name=DAVIS VANTAGE PRO
Davis vp speed=19200
texas internet ip=http://192.168.2.3:80
texas internet=no
rainwise ip100 ip=http://192.168.2.3:80/status.xml
weathersnoopwmr1002=no
snoop ip address=localhost
snoop port address=8080
acurite baro offset=0
cc3000 indoor temp=0
cc3000 solar=0
weatherbug direct lan url=http://192.168.1.102:8080
capricorn xml url=http://192.168.0.1/latestsampledata.xml
hawk ip address=

ah
the problem then is with the com port setting
remove the USB setting for the com port

then reselect the needed com port when you run WD

there are some older threads about this exact problem and this solution

What line?!

[Comport]
mac usb name=

I manage to make it startup… it’s working, but…
I can’t make it work to wunderground, because it strangely adds awekas lines to wunderground section! Check attached screenshot.
I think my WDISPLAY.INI is all messed… Is there a way I can send it to you, to analise and cleanup?!
Thank you for your support.

ignore that last data sent awekas
just carry on and setup wunderground…ie enter ID and password and set times to send and turn the switch on and it should work

Of course I’ve tried that before… I deleted Id and pass to not post in the forum…
I give up updating… my ini files are completely messed by build 24, with which those run ok!
Is there a way for me to send you the 2 files to clean up?

sure, .zip and email me the WDISPLAY.INI settings file