WD Mac Intel - New Install and Upgrade Info

are there any start up errors under view, program error log?
also make sure there is no wdisplay.ini file in the application bundle, contents, macos
also you should really not be posting in this thread, you should have started a new thread

There are two errors listed: error with longitude, error with latitude. I do not see any wdisplay.ini files other than the one in the library. There are none in the application bundle, contents or Mac OS. Is there a way to move this posting to a new thread.

There are two errors listed: error with longitude, error with latitude
thats the problem you have incorrectly setup the sun moon rise/set setup I suggest deleting the wdisplay.ini file in /Library/Application Support/wdisplay/ (when WD is not running) then start WD it should start up as brand new, no setttings then setup again (and post your sun moon rise/set up once you have set that up)

That did it. Seems to be working fine now. Thanks a lot for your help.
Don

I have followed the instructions but my WMR200 cannot see the USB however it is shown in the System Profiler:
Universal Bridge:

Product ID: 0xca01
Vendor ID: 0x0fde
Version: 3.02
Speed: Up to 1.5 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x3a200000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100
Help please as I don’t want to continue using the Windows version any more!
Sharmo

you will need to use weathersnoop
and then set that to data share
then set the latest .zip Mac version of WD to get the data from weather snoop
(restart it after setting that)

Thanks guys for all of the good info.

The last PC in my house is my weather station. I just ordered a mini and will begin the process to migrate years worth of WD data to my Mac.

I’m looking forward to a machine that just runs and runs and runs without needing a reboot each week nor having a weekly blue screen. It took me a few years to move to a VP2 and even longer to say goodbye to Windows.

Hi Blueruck, just be aware that Brian has been having difficulty supporting the mac version lately. It seems his mac is acting up and makes it difficult for him to address any issues. He went as far as to briefly remove the mac version from the download page. Hopefully he’ll be able to continue to support the mac version, otherwise it may become necessary to resort to using Parallels or similar if you desire to keep using WD.

Thanks MFD, I looked up your station location and I will be very near you today. I’m running from RI to Logan later today to fly home.

I’m looking for stability, if WD for MAC loads up and runs great I will be happy without any future updates. I travel a lot for work and it is a pain to find your weather station crashed and trying to walk the wife through bringing it back up, switching comm ports etc. I just want something that will run.

Is the MAC version of WD stable? I have a mini on the way to the house, but I can return it if unopened.

Hi Blueruck,

The mac version is quite stable. I’m not sure that the latest release of build 80 is as good as previous builds, there seems to be an unfinished post on some issues with build 80. Taking a quick look around at members sites I see that several, including myself are using build 77. I know that builds 69 and 63 are also good builds. I did not see anyone using build 80.

A couple of things you should know about the mac version. One is that as far as I know several members have issues with the upload of the climatedataout files at the end of the month. In my case I need to recreate them at the beginning of the new month and upload them. There are a few posts on this issue.

Another more noticeable item, especially if you have been using the windows version of WD is the fact that the mac version lacks a lot of the usable features that exist on the windows version. The user interface is not as complete or functional as it should be, but it’s enough to get most data uploaded ok. For example, on the mac version it is very difficult to customize the main screen, I can’t do it :-(. Also, you may find that some of the control panels are truncated which will prevent you from doing certain tasks. One example of this is if you wanted to edit the log files/rain totals using the View and Modify Log File/Rain Totals panel, you may be unable to fully access all dates for the rain totals. Quite annoying when you have the need.

I’m not bad mouthing the mac version, Brian has done the best he can with it for the moment. I tolerate the inadequacies of this version for a few reasons: First, for me anyway there is no other weather software that is compatible with my Rainwise data logger and mac osx, at least not with the capabilities of WD; WD for mac, even in it’s reduced functional state as compared to the windows version is a work horse; I have no desire to return to using windows at this time; and lastly the support available on this forum is outstanding. You’ll also find great support on the WXforum http://www.wxforum.net/ for general weather items and many of the scripts used on websites.

I hope this helps,
Paul

Thanks Paul,

Does someone have a copy of 77 that I can download? I didn’t see it on the WD site.

Can you PM me your email address, I can get you a copy.

the problem with the climatedata files should be fixed in build 80

but is there no one using build 80 you say?

Hi Brian, just taking a quick look at some of the more active members on the forum I did not see anyone using build 80. I did not intend it to sound like no one at all is using it, just the sites I surveyed were not. I have yet to try build 80 myself, I was waiting to see what the outcome of NorCal Dan’s post was (build 80 problem) before I tried it however looking at his site I see he went back to build 77. Also other members reported issues with build 80 in the same post.

I’ll give build 80 a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Paul

so if no one is going to move past build 77 I dont think there is much point in supporting and offering it any longer
(especially as there is so few users left with the Mac version anyway)

I am currently testing build 80, since my last post as I stated I would do. I will give you an update when I have something to report, on a different thread as this thread is reserved for another purpose.

I think there is some confusion on the status of the last build which would explain why users have not moved forward with it. The only thread about it ( build 80 problem - Weather Display for Mac - Weather-Watch Forum ) was left dangling out there with no follow up from you, and the original poster went back to build 77 without stating why, so users didn’t know where to go with it. Let’s give it some time Brian before you abandon the mac version. Thanks,

Paul

Brian, I will gladly use and test new versions for the MAC.

I had also read the thread on 80 and saw it dangling / open to if it was stable or not. I know many times it is the user machine instead of WD that causes the issues.

I thought I read that you were having a problem with your mini, I would be willing to send $100 USD via paypal to help you out with your mini issues. I’m a MAC convert and once I have WD on the MAC my home will be rid of Windows :).

Personally I will NEVER go back to a Microsoft / windows computer, even if they get all of their problems solved in my life ! ( Microsoft will never rid itself of bugs, malware, or viruses )

I use W7
works great
better than MacOS and my Mac

I deal with every type of system where I work, from old dos 3.1 to W7, 3 flavors of Unix, Linux, Mac’s etc etc … Personally I think anything with a unix kernel is more stable then
anything Microsoft will ever produce. True there is more s/w for Microsoft platform, but it is usually buggy