2nd Alternative Dashboard Script

Just wanted to give people a chance to look at my new design for a 2nd Alternative Dashboard. This new versions is in it’s very early stages of development and may or may not be working when you check it (especially if I’m working on it at the time) so be patient! I’m working on it this weekend, adding in the next few rows of data. If you have some ideas for me, drop me a note here.

Development site link: http://www.websterweatherlive.com/index2.php

Scott

I like your 1st creation just fine. Maybe some tweaks to the 1st.

Nice concept Scott. Easy on the eye and a quick visual on what’s happening. I’ll be watching with interest!

I like it Scott.

Psssst

NEW Alternative Ajax-Dashboar.
forgot a “d” in your beta statement on your site

Looks nice Scott…this would be great for those who want much more simplistic view. Nice work!

Actually, just the top “Current conditions” will be simple. The rest is still in the process of being added, it’s a work in progress.

Scott

I like the look on this better!

I’ll be watching It looks nice
Coyote

I like the ajax switching of metric and imperial, there should be 3 official standards though, a UK one
that uses MPH, Co, MM, and MB :wink: i aint just referring to your script i mean in general.
I dont know why many of us in the UK use it like that, (or is it just me) no, im sure there’s others :?

Having said that, i remember years ago, snow depth was always in inches, but somehow ive changed to
mm, perhaps its because its rare to see over an inch over here lol

Its a good clean concept, i do like it, what do you plan to add to it or are you playing it by ear?

Right now, my plan has been this:

Row 1 - All the most current “needed” information about whats happening!
Row 2 - Temperature data, Wind Data, Barometer Data and Probably Humidity
Row 3 - Rain/Snow Data including last 7 days (not sure what to do for those with no snow need)
Row 4 - Solar, UV, Clouds, sun and moon data
Row 5 - Almanac data

My thoughts are to develop some kind of lightning alert rather then posting all the strikes (mulling that around yet)

Still open to ideas and suggestions!

Scott

Looks different… I like it.

More because it looks different rather than how I would do it… having everyone’s site having the same cookie cutter template look is “boring”. Like to see people take the templates and then make them their own by changing what and how they look. Some do, most don’t.

I agree with this sentiment 100%. Individuality is a good thing. :smiley:

-Keith

The problem is, most people don’t know how to make changes that work. That’s why I like to try to give people options in my scripts so they can make things different to fit their sites needs. Also hope to document more in the code so people can make changes easier.

Scott

Is this new dashboard going to require the new ajaxWDwx.js from Meerkat?

Yes, I’ve been designing it to use some of the new features of his work. It will also be already set for multi-language support too.

Scott

Oh…Ok… Thanks Scott

Also… Just wondering if the rest of the updates for the dashboard are all going to be based towards Merrkats ajaxWDwx.js file?

Just wondering cause Im not using it.

I’m thinking they will as I’ve added it to my system now so it would be hard to pull it out to do more work on the old version. Here is the list of where everything I’ve done is at and is going:

Alternative Dashboard was finished at version 4.00 with some minor bug fixes - 4.23 was last version
Alternative Dashboard with Merrkats Java Script will be Version 5.00 currently in beta and will be the last
Alternative Dashboard 2 is in development and uses Merrkats Java Script

Scott

Thanks for the info Scott… when and If there becomes a complete out of the box download to Meerkats new script, I’ll download it.

Since I’ve been spending a lot of time at my computer lately, I’ve been playing around some more with my latest idea for a new alternative dashboard. If anyone wants to make suggestions or comments, it can be viewed at:

http://www.websterweatherlive.com/index6.php

Right now line 1 and the first column of line 2 are pretty much done, the rest is going to be a real jumble of random crap for now as I re-fill the dashboard. No idea when or if this one will get released for now though.

Scott