Global Warming Trend Script

The info in the script is based on the info in the testtags.php.
According to your testtags.php:

$avrainjan = ‘15.4’;
$avrainjannow = ‘0.0’;
$avrainfeb = ‘34.8’;
$avrainfebnow = ‘—’;
$avrainmar = ‘45.2’;
$avrainmarnow = ‘—’;
$avrainapr = ‘22.0’;
$avrainaprnow = ‘—’;
$avrainmay = ‘25.6’;
$avrainmaynow = ‘—’;
$avrainjun = ‘66.0’;
$avrainjunnow = ‘—’;
$avrainjul = ‘45.8’;
$avrainjulnow = ‘—’;
$avrainaug = ‘67.4’;
$avrainaugnow = ‘—’;
$avrainsep = ‘35.8’;
$avrainsepnow = ‘0.8’;
$avrainoct = ‘47.1’;
$avrainoctnow = ‘37.6’;
$avrainnov = ‘94.8’;
$avrainnovnow = ‘118.8’;
$avraindec = ‘60.8’;
$avraindecnow = ‘9.0’;

So the problem isn’t with the script.

In Weather Display, select View–>Rain Chart. Check if the information is correct. If not, you can update it.

Murry,

I have checked the rain chart and all seems to be in order. I’m stumped. How can I get the correct figures to appear in testtags.php?

It looks like you are using version 10.37L. You may need to upgrade to the current version (10.37Q) as I believe there was a fix made sometime back for something similar.

Hi Murry,

Thanks for your time - it’s much appreciated.

I’m using a Mac and the latest version is 10.37L build 68, which is what I have. Do you think the script is incompatible with the Mac version at the moment?

ALAN.

The problem isn’t with the script. It is with the tags in the testtags.php file.

You may want to check the topic at custom tag %avrainjan% - Weather Display for Windows - Weather-Watch Forum

I’ve managed to remove the January 2010 entry of 0.0 by editing wdisplay.ini. It now reads —, as do February to August. September to November still show the 2009 figures, while December is correct.

I’m going to leave the script in place for a few months to see if it corrects itself as I’ve run out of ideas.

Incidentally, this is the entry in wdisplay.ini …

[Rain chart] Sep 2009=8 Oct 2009=376 Nov 2009=1188 Dec 2009=608 Jan 2010=308 Feb 2010=348 Mar 2010=452 Apr 2010=220 May 2010=256 Jun 2010=660 Jul 2010=458 Aug 2010=674 Sep 2010=708 Oct 2010=566 Nov 2010=708 Dec 2010=708

That looks suspicious too.

This issue is the same in the Linux version so I just place the correct total in the field in the testag file before parsing
say $avrainaugnow = ‘108.20’; instead of the tag job done, I know have a working script.

For the current month I use $avraindecnow = ‘%monthraininmm%’;

Then at the beginning of each month I just update the testtag file.

So my testtag looks like this

$avrainjannow = ‘57.60’;
$avrainfebnow = ‘103.80’;
$avrainmarnow = ‘41.00’;
$avrainaprnow = ‘24.40’;
$avrainmaynow = ‘23.00’;
$avrainjunnow = ‘22.60’;
$avrainjulnow = ‘11.40’;
$avrainaugnow = ‘108.20’;
$avrainsepnow = ‘42.80’;
$avrainoctnow = ‘95.20’;
$avrainnovnow = ‘35.60’;
$avraindecnow = ‘%monthraininmm%’;

Steve

That did it stumpey - thanks.

is it that I fixed this problem in the windows version but not in the mac and linux version?

Looks like it windy. If you can fix it in the other versions, that would be great.

ALAN.

I will see about doing that when I get back home from holiday

Thanks Windy :slight_smile:

Steve

Sorry to re-open an old topic but I was wondering if this has been fixed in the non-Windows versions yet.

do you mean for the Mac version?
I cant compile the Mac version until I get my Mac back from repairs
but I think I did make this change in build 71

Yes Windy, I did mean the Mac version. I will install build 71 and try it out. Thanks.

just working on the problem in the Mac version
I notice that the tag is actually
%nowrainnov%
and not
%avrainnovnow%
(for november for example)
but maybe the script does that conversion?

On my rain trending page, the average year to date rain and average month to date rain are both showing 0.00 mm. What’s gone wrong?

do you have the detailed rain chart updating to your web site?
make sure you do

The raindetail.gif file is now uploading every five minutes. It hasn’t made any difference, I’m afraid.

To test what is going wrong here, I added the month to date and year to date differentials to the dashboard as documented here. As you can see, the script is assuming that we have had no rain in the years prior to this year as the totals and the difference are the same.

Also, it states that we have had 3 rain days in March, when in fact we have had 9.

Anyone any idea what is wrong here?