Another CWOP transfer problem [RESOLVED]

Where to start. I have installed the latest version of WD and it has a copy of croncwop.exe in the default directory. I have enabled the main internet switch as well as set up my CWOP information. When I manually launch the croncwop.exe file, it uploads the data. However, even though I have configured the APRS data send times to every 15 mnutes (With APROS on). nothing uploads.

I am getting FTP connection refused errors. It doesn’t make sense if I run the croncwop.exe program it uploads.

actual messages from upload session*
Start Time/date:8:46:04 PM 1/12/2010
Permanent connection selected
Permanent connection, will do ftp now
Internet sharing…
ERROR: 10061: [10061] Connection refused at time/date 8:46:07 PM 1/12/2010 agenda
item:
Doing abort procedure/program close…

What am I doing wrong?

Couple things to check… did you put in your ID at the top of the CWOP setup page? Refusal may mean your ID is not correct or missing. Or perhaps old FTP information. See image below for what I’m using.

Scott

cwopsetup.jpg

Scott,

My ID is there but my settings are a little different for the ports. I have changed these. Also the FTP is a clean/new setup. Since VWS changed how they interface with my Davis system, I have decided now is the time to try another program. I had looked at WD some time back and I believe that I will be purchasing the program if all works as advertised.

I see that CWOP does not have the latest installation instructions.

Well its working again and the only change was using socal.aprs2.net in the server to rotate to and using port 23 instead of what the instructions on the CWOP web site.

Go figure,

Thanks for helping out!

“Internet sharing…”

Surprised to see that, do you have that option checked in the FTP setup? That’s a very old windows technology that’s rarely used these days.

yes, untick, internet sharing, in the connections setup
as that causes problems

I did not mention “internet sharing”. What I wrote was “main internet switch”. Acording to WD instructions this is needed and I have it turned on. The issue went away when I manually launched the executable.

Thanks for responding.

it says internet sharing in the ftp log
you need to make sure that is turned off, in the connections setup