Advanced graphing "customisation" changes not being remembered

I have been enjoying the new advanced charts/graphing functions in WD (I did buy the graphing functions so it could update automatically) and have found that certain things are not “remembered” when you save your customisation to the graphs. Most notably, when you remove the oddly thick blue border and the gradient from the graph (under the “chart → panel” options) it works great until you close the “advanced charts” page. When you open it back up, the big blue borders are back and so are the gradient backgrounds. While some other things get saved properly (like the removal of the panel shadow), the aforementioned do not. In terms of visual appearance, the forced blue border and gradient background are a big turn off. Anyone else seeing this behavior and is there a way to force it to remember these?

I am currently running WD 10.37P build 15 on Windows XP and everything is functioning properly and is a stable environment.

In terms of visual appearance, the forced blue border and gradient background are a big turn off
I have not had anyone else think that

I am not sure why those border settings are not been reloaded
must be a problem with the component (as the saving/loading of the graph settings options is handled by the component used)

I see. Certainly it is personal preference but my website hase no blue it it anywhere and the blue border stands out a bit and does not look integrated.

I will contact the author of the component about this problem

i do see that I am able to change the “Theme” , in the compiler
and so should be able to offer different colour themes as an option
i.e so you could choose one that better matches your web site
would that do?

Great…I think that would do just fine.

have done that now in the latest .zip update,ready now
took a few hours of coding to implement!

I’ll give it a try. I very much appreciate the effort!

Well, I have had an opportunity to give this a try and it is a bit broken at the moment. Attached is a copy of the wind direction plot that will no longer create itself properly and no matter what I do, I can not get it to create properly. I have even gone back to the build from yesterday and it won’t fix itself. A side note on the theme option. While being able to change to different themes did seem like a reasonable solution, not being able to alter the themes makes formating the graph difficult and while it is nice to have some options, they do not offer a great deal of benefit if you can’t altr a theme. When you improve the look of one item of a graph, it makes another item hard to read, or the colors are not suited for the plot, etc. After several hours of testing and getting the graphs back to where there were before the application of a theme, I am not so interested in removing those blue borders any more :wink:

Update: I was able to fix the plot issue by removing a “grid band” that was introduced by the application of a theme (under “tools” when editing a chart)

I can change it by having the theme set before the saved customisation is loaded
that will probably be better
note that if you dont click on save, for the chosen theme, then closing and reopening the advanced graph would reset that graph back to default again

I couldn’t get the theme to go back to default after I had saved the theme once before. Maybe I missed something or did try and save chart with a “blank” theme.

delete the entry in the wdisplay.ini file for advanced graphs, theme …
a new update has the theme loaded before customisation is loaded

The current “latest main executable zip” download has the updated files with the new theme routines?

yes

That did the trick and the formating with the new theme routines are working great. The charts are now remembering nearly all the formating changes I can throw at it, they are auto generating at the set intervals and looking good. If I could now get the weather data and custom graph charts to remember my desire for them to be in “3d”, all would be 100% but that isn’t a big problem.