new moviemaker.exe -> much faster and much less cpu!

this is good news, been able to convert the mpg file without the need to use windows media encoder
and its faster and less cpu intensive and will run on vista/w7, as its not command line driven :slight_smile:
lots of different ouput formats too, even .ipod (did not know about that one!), even .mpg4
.flv can be played in WDL , which will be handy

I have a demo program working in the new compiler
just now need to purchase the component and get a test program working :slight_smile:

You’ll be my WX PC’s best mate when this up & running, especially as I’ve just added Digital Atmosphere to the list of software it’s running. =D>

Waiting in trepidation! :lol:

Is this a dream?..wow! 8O

Hi Brian

This is GREAT news - cant wait to try it. Right now I have a work-around via Windows Scheduler to do the job in W7 64-bit. (It manually runs encodenew2.bat with admin rights.

Best regards,

Henrik

That is great - should really encourage use of the flv player within WDL.

Julian

it looks like it can also create the mpg movie file too (but the demo has something wrong)
I have ordered the component now (not cheap, 299$US)

Excellent news Brian, I’d be more than willing to put a few dollars towards it, if required, would a paypal donation help

more good news, I got the demo working for converting pictures to a movie file (mp4), from a list of filenames (so would not need to first copy the files to a different directory (will save time and cpu/disk)
and so also dont need to use the separate moviemaker.exe program, which has the problem of needing to briefly appear on screen ,as well

:slight_smile:

Excellent news, looking forward to have a play.

H.

(as it is something I will use for sure, donation is on its way)

$20 PayPal donation on its way

thanks for the donations!
preliminary version:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/moviemaker.zip

unzip to where you have WD installed (back up the original moviemaker.exe first)
I have not fully tested yet, not had a chance yet

Wow, you been busy.

Forgot how to set it all up, so I have to do some searching i guess.

I use a camera that takes a shot every 5 minutes, I assume that I can setup web cam image to use these images for the animation?

Thanks.
H.

Good morning Brian,

I have just done my first test run with the new moviemaker zip download and had complete success with a .wmv create and upload to my website. I will keep and eye on things during the day and let you know how things progress, but so far so good. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Many thanks for this, as my PC has had a specific problem otherwise in making a wmv movie for some while (This after a re-installation post megga crash)

Edit: Just noticed that the moviemaker exe prog didn’t close post upload…is it supposed to remain open in the system tray?
Edit2: The final line in the FFVCL 3.0 demo says “executing the ftpupd.exe program now and closing”. However, it didn’t close the prog!

Points so far:

1. wmv file is created and uploaded in both manual and auto (hrly).

2. Moviemaker fails to close post FTP…ended up with a 2nd Moviemaker icon in system tray on next auto upload.

3. Although selected as well as wmv in the WD/Control Panel/Webcam Video Setup…the SWF file creation and upload apparently failed to take place.

I get three instances of the icon in the System Tray.

oops, I forgot to close it when finished and forgot to set to craate the .wmv file
download vers 1.1

we are camping with the kids at the moment at the beach while the summer weather is nice
just popped in home for a minute

Enjoy time with the kids - it doesn’t last very long as the years fly by.

I downloaded zip from your previous link (I hope/think it was a different zip!) and ONE symptom still much as before.

1. The Moviemaker “Demo of FFVCL 3.0…” icon remains in system tray at end of run and DOESN’T close. Opening the sytem tray icon reveals at last line of (scroll down) quote: “executing the ftpupd.exe program now and closing” unquote…However, it isn’t closing although FTP does take place.

Enjoy your camping with the kids…you sure wouldn’t be doing it here at the moment as we have had quite deep snow for some weeks now.

EDIT: After re-examination of my websites some text above was modified.

The flash/swf now DOES produce a flash file and DOES appear to upload (I have both SWF and WMV requirements ticked for a test requirement)

The new Moviemaker prog is incredibly fast at producing the .wmv files and must be x10’s of times faster than the old prog… :smiley: :D…It seems to make a really huge reduction/difference in computer resource requirements. Additionally there is no takeover of the screen (no keyboard etc) as was noticeable on the old prog with my PC. This is all looking good Brian, for when the few problems which are bound to surface, have been sorted. :wink: