VirtualVP & WeatherLink IP - writing download.txt

Hi Dave,

I too have ongoing comm issues using Virtual VP with the WeatherLink IP datalogger. I run a few different weather station programs simultaneously (WeatherLink, VPlive, Cumulus) with OK results. But I frequently get timeout errors reported by all three of these programs, not just WeatherLink. I have used VWS in the past with Virtual VP, and also had comm “hang ups” where VWS would have to restart.

So, I don’t think your problem is with the WeatherLink software itself. Rather it appears to me that Virtual VP does not play well together with the WeatherLink IP datalogger. Perhaps it’s because I’ve set Virtual VP to disconnect every minute to allow the IP datalogger to upload data to the Davis site, which of course disrupts the data flow and causes the weather programs to essentially time out with certain commands. OR perhaps it’s a problem inherit to the TCP/IP communications itself. Don’t know.

Steve, do you have any insight to these comm issues we are getting? Perhaps Virtual VP needs more robust methods of handling communications with the WeatherLink IP datalogger in order to prevent comm errors?

Thanks!

-Brian