VirtualVP v.1.2.3 (64 bit support)

I have just put a new version of VirtualVP up on the website:
http://www.softwx.com/weather/virtualvp.html

It contains the following changes:
v. 1.2.3 Dec 6 2009

• Fixed bug that prevented operation on 64-bit versions of Windows.
  • VirtualVP now uses the user data folder (Users{username}\AppData\Local\SoftWx\VirtualVp)
    for all files to which data is written instead of the VirtualVP installation folder
    in order to function better on Vista and Windows 7 computers.
  • Made changes so that VirtualVP only needs to be run as administrator once to to enable
    the initial 30 day trial, and when the registration code is entered. The rest of
    the time, VirtualVP can be run in normal user accounts without administrator
    privileges.
  • Added pictorial instructions for installation and configuration of VirtualVP and weather
    programs that connect through it, and also for setting up a virtual serial port
    driver on 64-bit Windows 7.
  • Removed option for mirroring archive data to disk. VirtualVP will now always mirror to disk.

Although VirtualVP does not have an issue now with 64 bit Windows, the signing issue with freeware drivers (like the virtual serial port drivers) still exists. There is a workaround that allows com0com to work, which is detailed in the 64 bit help pdf file I have on the website. Since most weather programs now support tcp/ip connections because of the WeatherLinkIP data logger, if you can connect all your weather programs to VirtualVP via tcp/ip, then you don’t need a virtual serial port driver.

The new pdf help guides are examples of where I am headed with documentation; very little verbage, and lots of screenshots.

Steve
SoftWx

I’ve got a license for 1.1.4 version can i use this on the latest build of VPP???

Hi Steve

Thanks for the update - I got it working with your excellent guides.

Best regards,

Henrik

Yes, registration from an earlier version on the same computer should get picked up automatically. If you change to a new computer, you can also enter you old serial number and key into the current version and it will accept them.

Steve
SoftWx