Fwi

FWI is intermittent at best. Sometimes it uploads to the web page sometimes not and not it is not.

Could you direct me to a link that gives setup instructions so I can just start over and do it right.

greg

hi
what speed PC, memory?
if you are using, or you could use, the customise insternet and file creation, you can set the time to update and upload the FWI files there ,…
also, note ,that the file name changed from FWI.htm to fwi.htm
and some web servers are case sensitive

OK
It’s a PIII at 833 with 654M memory runnning Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

When I do that I get the text but no graph. And now the ftpudp is not working so regular hourly updates to website do not happen and get this windows error message

FTP Folder Error
Windows can not access this folder.
Details
The server name or address could not be resolved.

Everytime I update to the latest version I get all this wierd stuff happening and have to go back and reset everything…very bothersome

Reset all of the names and passwords and still have that error message if I ask it to update website now…and it not updating hourly as programmed in setup.

In the error log I get an unspecified error message. Just one

arg

greg

try reselecting the web files folder, under setup, control panel, webfiles/web page setup
updating to the latest version should not cause problems with setups, etc…
with that cit doesnt for me…strange
when you upgrade, you dont need to delete anything, you just exit the program and run the installer and install to the same location…
ustomise internet and file creation, you are in control of the times to create files and the times to upload files…
but I will check on the fwi file uploads via that method.

HI Brian

I get wierd stuff happening but this is the first time I have gotten this message.

thanks for looking into it

Ok

Exited the program and downloaded the program again. Now it seems to be working but I have lost the boarder around the first page that gives the time and date of the download and next expected download…that’s never happened before but at least I am not getting the error message. We will let it run overnight and see if downloads every hour…the stuff to ARPS and the others were working fine and are still OK

The FWI is still uploading just the text the graph is not updating.

www.antiquesforanimals.com/ConiferColorado.htm

thanks for your help

greg

I have been there.
OK, try doing this, go to the section where you have the option of uploading files independent of the normal upload times.
What happens at times for strange reasons (only Bill gates understands mildly) some files just don’t upload , so you have to have the graph upload independently.
When you go to the graph file on your computer does it form? If so you are in business.
Go to control panel, FTP/internet etc… settings. Go to general ftp upload. Load your fwi graph and file from there. I have used this work around for this and other files my computer was not allowing to do its thing.

Then you can tinker to see why its not doing it. Might be your isp, your site might not have enough space to accept the upload or your filewall is poopy :roll:

Ok now I do not update the web site at the selected times…does not update on its own. Will update manually.

So what’s the best way to fix this…

I went to look if there was anything in the log file to report…stated unspecified error and then the whole program locked up.

Can I erase everything except the data files and redownload a clean copy. Maybe just too many updates have caught up with me.

greg

it sounds like the fwi data file is a bit corrupt
try deleting that file, fwi.inf, from the folder datafiles after exiting wd
then restart wd
and then reset the starting values for the fwi, in the view, fwi,using the last values you have on the last fwi.htm file…
try that

OK will do that. I will see if it updates FWI now to the website. Will let you know.

I reset upload times several different times, exited and then restarted. Today it is uploading to the web site but the FWI was not updating but it was accurate in the datafile.

thanks

greg

Now most of the website is updating but not the FWI or the summary information with the date and time of the last update.

So I am stimied

greg

hi
the problem is you link goes to FWI.htm
and it should go to fwi.htm
( i did mention that change in this thread, i.e that its case senstive, after I changed the filename)
so update the link in the datahtm3.txt file
but, even that file, fwi.htm, is not on your server…
so, email me your settings so i can check some things
(wdisplay.ini from c:\windows or c:\winnt and wdisplayftp.reg after going action, back up registry entry now, from the folder databackup)…
also, your web table is not updating, most likely becuase of a change in the station name , ConiferColorado, in the web files/web page setup
…check there
also, check the ftplogfull.txt file to see the actual name of that file as it uploads

ah ha, i see the problem, you must have ticked, use .html instead of .htm
i.e
http://www.antiquesforanimals.com/ConiferColorado.html

worsk OK