cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: *** READ THIS BEFORE YOU INSTALL WD ON SNOW LEOPARD ***-> Davis VP USB  (Read 22744 times)

Offline Kamakzie

• Cedar Springs, MI
Re: *** READ THIS BEFORE YOU INSTALL WD ON SNOW LEOPARD ***-> Davis VP USB
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 08:43:56 AM »
NBH,

Hmmm.  Can you point me to the driver you used?  Apparently I don't have the correct one.

Offline NBH

• Davis Vantage Pro2
  • Stenestad Sweden
    • Stenstad Weather

Offline Kamakzie

• Cedar Springs, MI
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »
Thanks,

Now next dumb question.  How do I uninstall the old driver?  I'm a Mac novice.

Offline NBH

• Davis Vantage Pro2
  • Stenestad Sweden
    • Stenstad Weather
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 10:16:58 AM »
If it's Davis drives you have?
As it says in the thread I linked to:
First uninstall the old drivers. The download of the old drivers from Davis has an uninstall feature. If you deleted this you may have to go back to Davis and download this again.

Remember after installing the new drivers you have to do to Control Panel > Com Ports> click on Refresh list of comports and select the URART to USB selection.

Hugh
Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:44:08 AM by Hugh Whalen

(I have not tried this myself, but it has worked for others)
EDIT: Davis WeatherLink (5.0.4) for Mac OS X, will work with this driver also.
Bertil
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:44:52 AM by NBH »

Offline Danubius

Now that I'm an all Mac user, I have to run Weatherlink using a virtual app and it's a PITA slow flea bitten mangy dog. Weatherlink is the only app that I can't run on the Mac. Yes there is the Mac version but it doesn't download and display the sunlight (radiation) sensor data. This is really a big oversight. How can you look at the weather; temperature, humidity, wind, rain etc. and not be able to see the most basic driver for the weather: sunlight. What are they thinking?
Am I missing something here?

Offline NBH

• Davis Vantage Pro2
  • Stenestad Sweden
    • Stenstad Weather
Hi,
I use Weather Display to the main program, but some times it happens that I start up Weather Link on my Mac (running OS X 10.6.4).
and it is possible to display data from the solar sensor.
See attached image.

EDIT:
But I do not use the latest update version of WL for the Mac, and I  use not the USB driver that comes with WL.

Bertil
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:47:43 PM by NBH »

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
    • Weather Display
WD Mac does handle the solar data

Offline maltaweather

• Malta
    • Meteo Malta
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 09:16:06 AM »
I am also trying to install on a Snow Leopard and have followed the instructions on this page and other pages of this forum. I also removed the old lib files installed by the MAC intel version, which is what I installed by mistake first. But I still get tis error library not loaded: libusbdll.dylib. How do I get this file?

Offline Blueruck

• Colorado - USA
    • Vist my station
I have followed all of the directions to move from my PC to MAC.... all of my data is moved and displaying in WD... however I can get the comm port to show up.

I have installed, repaired permissions, uninstalled, repaired permissions and did a full new install.

When I go into the comm port setting and select refresh list of comm ports I only get
tty.bluetooth-PDA
tty.Bluetooth-modem

/dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART  never shows up - yes I have download the package from SLAb and install.

I'm on 10.6.7 with all current updates.

any ideas why the driver is not showing up?

Also, I went into the webcam setup and can't see my attached webcams - they are USB connected.  related to the above issue?????

**** EDIT *****
I noticed the file I'm downloading was updated May 17th 2011, wondering if there is an issue with the new version.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:46:04 AM by Blueruck »

Offline Blueruck

• Colorado - USA
    • Vist my station
I was able to get the USB to read, but I had to go to Prolific and download the MAC dmg.

Once I got the data to read I started trying to get my web cameras to read, get the fonts on WD to increase (using a big screen), and publish to the Internet.

I could get my webcams to read, didn't find an option for fixing the fonts so I could read them and all of my Internet settings were gone (from Windows ver).  So I'm trying a different route, I'm setting up VMware on my MAC and migrating my windows image from my laptop to the VM.  Whilst I really want to be 100% away from Windows, I will have to wait to run WD 100% on just my MAC.

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
    • Weather Display
you can import the registry settings from the windows version, there is a way