Message from Brian

Brian’s phone line has a fault and is unable to access internet from home .
The fault developed after the neighbours phone line was fixed this morning . We think the Telecom cable down Brian’s road need’s urgent upgrading and all the faultman did this morning is swap the phoneline pairs to get the neighbour going . :?

Brian awaits Telecom to fix the problem . :?

Hi Vinay

Thanks for the info. What happened to the satellite internet access that Brian was supposed to get ??

Hope all is well.

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

hi
back again now, been no phone for 48 hours
(and we cant even get a cell phone coverage too!)
satellite:
typicaly, the launch date for availability has been put back to june some time :frowning:

hhuuummmmphphphphp…Did’nt know teslstra’s tenticles streched so far LOL 8)

hows that new baby geoff!

No cell phone?
You have those ugly towers all over the place? or do you have the compact type ?

Probably no one worries about my weather tower, they probably think its a cell tower here in DSM.

Nephew works for Motorola as an engineer ( I think he gets to blow the whistle sometimes, if he is good), he heads his division for the brief case type, plug in the wall, short antenna. Mostly in England.

Excuse me gotta charge the cell (need more towers) :evil:

teslstra's tenticles
OK, now say that quickly 6 times after a couple of beers :lol:

too many hills around me for me to get coverage :cry:

I understand. Seems that there are towers all over the place, some disguised as water towers,

The ones they are putting up here are often disguised as trees :roll:

The ones they are putting up here are often disguised as trees :roll:

There are some very odd angular pine trees here. They also disguise some as street lights…it just looks like they forgot to put the light on top.

I wouldn’t call ours angular, I guess it’s better than a regular cell tower :roll:

That is funny! I wonder why they went to so much trouble?

That is funny! I wonder why they went to so much trouble?
To answer your question the whole environment thing is taken pretty seriously in CA, I doubt that a permit would have been issued to put up a regular tower there. When you see it from the main road you get a better idea why

i wish they did that here… here they just put up a 250ft tower on the edge of a nature preserve or put a 50ft one on top of a 150 year old firehouse… :evil: