VirtualVP with Vantage Vue

Hi all,
seems to work well except it states “the station is configured as a vantage vue model, but the console detected as a vantage pro model. Please re-configure the station” when you select the com port in the setup of weatherlink.

I ignored that message and continued and it displays the information just fine HOWEVER the web files part stops working. IE it doesnt do any web upload or local upload of the webfiles meaning you cannot view the live dials at all through a website. It just doesnt display. If i stop using virtual vp and connect weatherlink through the physical com port, all is good. Is there a way to make VirtualVP a “VirtualVUE” ?
Thanks

Also this is the download log in weatherlink…
10/17/09 10:37a (vue) Unable to upload Data Upload Profile(s) 1 because of errors. See error messages below.
10/17/09 10:37a (vue) Error reading data from the Station.
10/17/09 10:37a (vue) We did not receive an acknowledge to our last command. Please try again.
10/17/09 10:37a (vue) GetAcknowledge () response: 0x0A (should be 0x06 )

Tell weatherlink that it’s connected to a VP.

Did that…still same result.

I’ll see if I can find any documentation on any command changes in the vue. I am working on VirtualVP to fix incompatibilities introduced by the latest version of weatherlink, so now would be a good time to add code for the vue if I can.

Steve
SoftWx

Hi Steve,

I have the same problem as showed above.
Same error :

rrors. See error messages below.
14-11-09 15:34 (Weerstation Palenstein) Error reading data from the Station.
14-11-09 15:34 (Weerstation Palenstein) We did not receive an acknowledge to our last command. Please try again.
14-11-09 15:34 (Weerstation Palenstein) GetAcknowledge () response: 0x0A (should be 0x06 )

I use the Vantage VUE and must choose the Vantage pro2

I use the latest version of VVP and Weather link

Grx Rini

Which version of VirtualVP are you using? I released a new version a few days ago to try to address issues with WeatherLink 5.9.0. I don’t think the problem is because you have the Vantage Vue. I think the problem is between the WeatherLink software and VirtualVP. In examining the interaction between the new version of WeatherLink and VirtualVP, it appears there are at least two changes in WeatherLink that have resulted in problems. First, WeatherLink now sends the NVER command when it is setting up to go into bulletin mode. It didn’t used to do that. That command is only supported by data loggers with firmware after a certain date. VirtualVP did not support that command. In the new version of VirtualVP I have added support for it.

The other thing that appears to have changed in WeatherLink is that they seem to have placed very much tighter timeouts when certain commands are sent to the console. The timeouts are so short that VirtualVP may not have time to wait for the current command it’s sent to the console to finish, send the new command, and return it to the calling program before the new WeatherLink times out and sends the command again. That is what I think is causing the “did not get an Ack” error. WeatherLink is sending a command that gets a response in two parts. First it gets an ACK, then it gets a data packet. VirtualVP sends the ACK, and then spends a fraction of a second getting the packet from the console to send that too. But WeatherLink quickly (too quickly) times out, and resends the command about the same time VirtualVP is sending the packet. So WeatherLink then gets the packet, but because it was expecting the ACK now, it isn’t happy. I’ve made some changes to help in this situation too.

Apparently some people that just have weatherLink connected directly to their console are also having some communication issues (I think for the same reason of overly tight timeouts), and Davis has a beta of WeatherLink 5.9.1 available if you have the direct link http://toolbox.davisnet.com/downloads/Weather/software/Weatherlink_5.9.1%20Upgrade_Beta/

I made these changes, and it fixed the problems for me. But after sending it out to some people, a person reported they are still having problems. I’m not sure why it’s working now for me but not someone else.

Steve

Also, you might want to try having WeatherLink connect to VirtualVP via tcp/ip to one of VVP’s tcp/ip ports (5511 - 5514). WeatherLink handles timeouts very differently over IP, so you may have better success just doing that.

Steve
SoftWx

Has this issue ever been resolved? I also have the same issues exactly with it not being able to upload anything. I have the newest VVP and weatherlink 5.9.3. I sure would like to get this working properly. It works great without VVP running… :frowning: