Closing window, "X" click - error *fixed*

Using latest version of Wxsim

In “auto run” window, if i click “X” to close window an error msg comes up, cant remember the wording, but something about windows and x…

Wxsim shuts down completly, and a restart fails (it does not show up)…i can see the process is running, stuck at 25% cpu usage…Killing the process does not help

Arnt

Update: restarted PC, same thing, i just see the process running…re-updated wxsim…no help…

Using Windows XP Home

You have to exit the Auto Run settings screen using 1 of the 2 long buttons on the bottom.
If you want to exit w/out running auto run, deselect ‘Run Immediately’, and click the lower left button.

I’ve always done that…but this time, for some reason i didnt…and i cant get wxsim to start up again…just see a hourglass on the mousepointer…then notting…

Arnt

Important point - never close any WXSIM form with the little red Windows ‘X’. Always use WXSIM’s own supplied buttons (like OK and Close). The message was telling you not to use the ‘X’! :slight_smile:

Generally, it might be possible for me to add close to all the events triggered by using the ‘X’, but it’s not the way it’s intended to be used. Most forms have some very deliberate actions to take when exited, and a couple of them in fact do not close, but are merely hidden, as they must remain open.

Hope theat helps! :slight_smile:

Tom

Well…it was informative, i’ll sure keep that in mind…

However, still stuck on what to do… does wxsim depend on certain service to be able to run?..wxsim do show up running as a process, but thats it…

Arnt

Hi Arnt,

Does an icon show up on the bottom task bar? If so, can you try to maximize it? If this is the case, then maybe you’ve checked the box for running it minimized? Did this problem just start after you clicked the little red X?

I don’t recall hearing of this kind of problem before. One thing you might do is send me your custinit.txt and cty.fdt files.

Also, there are a few very small files (such as nextauto.txt), each containing only a 0 or a 1. You might want to also send me any such one character text files, saved in the last few days, in the c:\wxsim (or whatever you call it) directory.

Tom

No icon…problem started after clicking the X, yes…wxsim crashed and shut down completly…not been able to run it since…

Files sent by e-mail…

Arnt

Fixed: uninstall + remove all files - registry fix - new install