*New Website, Cedar Ridge, Napavine, Washington.*

Announcing my new website, www.napavineweather.info, using the saratoga-weather php scripts and help from you! I am open to any comments/suggestions. :smiley:

Thanks,
James McNelly

Very nice! It gets cold there at night, huh??

Looking good! :slight_smile:

Yea, it has been getting cold at night for this time of the year. I expect it to get colder here in the next month or so.

Thanks.! :slight_smile:

I also added a Blog www.napavineweather.info/wordpress/ and a forum for the Napavine Community www.napavineweather.info/simplemachinesforum/.

James

I think you mean .info for your wordpress URL…

www.napavineweather.info/wordpress

[size=66]A word of warning… while it is cool to have your own blog and forum, you need to keep on top of the software versions you are using as both can and do end up with security issues from time to time and keeping them up to date is very important. It is quite common for someone to start out using such tools and then let them go forgetting about them.

You should be subscribed to both security announcements lists for each package and monitor them on a regular basis.

With the forum, once it is “found” You will find that getting spammed to death on the Forum is quite possible even with email registration validation. Spammers have found ways to override the capcha and email verification and will hit your site on a very regular basis. You might want to change that to manually approved registration.

The use of something like the use of Stop Forum Spam plugin will help, but if you are unsure about a new registrant, simply pasting the IP they are using into a google search box will quickly give you an idea if the registrant is real or not.[/size]

Fixed it! Thanks.

Yes, I am aware about spammers and keeping software up to date. I used to run a BBS in San Diego some time ago and always had to keep up with “spam” although it wasn’t called that then. :o :laughing9: