Win2k freezes with wd?

Hi all,

I notice each morning fore 4 days now that something odd happens at (I think) 0.00h
My win2k computer is n’t reachable in my network and last upload to internet is at 23.20h Normally is this 1.20h (am)
Were what or how is not clear to me Using 10.10r now for 2 days Herefore using 10.10p with I think same bug
Last good working version (accept averages/extremes) was 10.10m So I go back to that to see what’s happening.

Has anyone the same experience with my config ?

No program errors when starting up or ftp errors

HI Ed

I haven’t had the problem with the last several versions, but I have found that it will lockup up at 23:45, my last update to the web page for the day, if I don’t do a restart after updating to a newer version. This was happening back as far as 10.10 or maybe further. The “restart” after the updates has solved the problem for me so I didn’t even report it to Brian.

Cheers

MikeyM

:smiley: :coffee2: Yep, just got my morning coffee !!

HI Ed

I haven’t had the problem with the last several versions, but I have found that it will lockup up at 23:45, my last update to the web page for the day, if I don’t do a restart after updating to a newer version. This was happening back as far as 10.10 or maybe further. The “restart” after the updates has solved the problem for me so I didn’t even report it to Brian.

Cheers

MikeyM

:smiley: :coffee2: Yep, just got my morning coffee !!

Hi Mikey

Thanks for response, it strange and weard
I found out my system clock was at 3.11h So that’s the time it happens . My last update tot the internet is 23.20h (i changed that because there is no new webcamimage picture uploaded during the night.) Creating the image is continued but not uploaded.

System memory is 40% of recourses, so should I be hacked or something at that time ? No warning from Anti-trojan or my sophos AV managers.

Hm!
ok waiting to see how 10.10m is functioning

HI Ed

I have WD reboot the system every morning about 2:20 am because of “old” memory leak problems and just never changed it. It works so why argue with success. Hi Hi When my system locks up at 23:45 it never gets to the reboot so the computer is locked up til I get home from a trip or I can get someone to push the “reset” button. Luckily the “restart” after and update has worked for me.

Take care

MikeyM

:smiley: :smiley: Working on second cup of coffee !!! :smiley: :smiley:

hi

Thanks for reply
There was the old problem with passwords booting windows
My system asks to log in as user and if no input it waits
there must be a tweak for it but I dont know for win2k it works

I’ll wait for 10.10m (that was working!) and see what’s happening.
Have good trips there Mikey!

Ed, do you have the zip backup option selected? That caused my w2k system to hang.

To remove the w2k login password on a regular PC setup go to;

start
settings
control panel
users and passwords
uncheck “users must enter a username and password”

As I recall it will ask for the default user, but I can’t test that right now. It’s pretty straightforward.

also, there is tweakui for windows 2000, where you can stop the login too :slight_smile:

now, ed, if you go action, update averages/extreme, any crash then?
but, yes, it might be the backup function?

Hi all,

In the meanwhile the comp wan’t startup even!
I think it’s the power! Looking for an other supply
and see what happens

thanks so far for the moment, let you know !

Ed, some good news:
i have finally fixed the repeating time entries in the log file for the w2010 type data logger (and for the ws2500 station in a new zip version)
i revamped the whole procedure, and did a good soak test too!
in 10.10t

this will mean the size of the log file will be less, and will then not mean the daily averages/extreme crash that has palgued the ws2000 type station at the end of the month(which i also manged to avoid as well though with a fix in the code to cope with the large log file size) for a long time now

Ha that’s realy good news, youre the best man in town! :lol:

but I have to wait for at last a week before I can check this out
my neightbour and I (who both have te Qbic) are waiting for a new powersupply I hope that was the problem and not the mobo of the comp

Any people expirienced here with the Qbic and nonstop running power problems ? Its a small compact computer and I doubt or its suited for this work :?:

Ok thanks so far, let you know more soon!!

hi all,

new motherboard installed
some condensors were blow up
this computer worked for less a year.
I think it’s not the right computer to work nonstop
At night I close down my harddisk, monitor etc

Brian

I enabled upload only daytime
can I stop WD getting or setting data between nighthours (01.00h - 5.30h?)

thanks so far !

hi
i would suggest to use the customise internet and file creation overide
and there you can set the times to create and individualy the times to upload each file :slight_smile:
or, in the web upload setup screen, in the ftp/internet setup, you can tick, upload daytime only…?

hi

Yes I did that all :!:
but creating webimage.gif keeps goin’ on at night
can I stop that ?