Client/Server 231.31.31.31 multicast issue w/Win Server 2003

1. I have had for over a year WD (now Ver.10.10s) running on a Win98 system as a WD-Server doing the multicast on 231.31.31.31 port 333 to one Win98 system and one XP system which are set up as clients. This is all on a home LAN running as a P2P network. It has been working normally except once in a while having problems with new versions of WD.

I purchased and have installed a server running Windows Server 2003. The above computers are presently set up (WD server/client wise) the same. All is working normally with these three above. But, I want to run WD as a server on the Win Server 2003 system. Before I move everything over I thought I would try to just have the Win. Server 2003 system loaded with WD and run as a client. Just to make sure things are talking. But the server will not receive the multicase info from the Win 98 system that is running WD as a server. Again two other system on my LAN set up as clients are working normally.

I can ping, share files, and otherwise talk to and from all systems on the LAN.

On the Win.Server 2003 system, in the WD Client/Server set up page, if I check “The data is from over the Internet” and I set the URL to the IP address of a computer that is generating a clientraw.txt file I can get that data to update the Win.Server 2003 system but not using the normal client/server multicast 231.31.31.31 config.

I am pretty sure the problem is with the Win. Server 2003 system and may be related to the firewall that is set up and running in Windows Server 2003. But not sure how to configure it to get multicast to work with WD.

If anyone has an idea I could sure us the help.
Thanks
Dave

maybe instead use the ability to use a location for the clientraw.txt file,…i.e on a mapped network drive…?

Using the clientraw.txt file was a last resort. I would like to use the client/server multicast process (IP 231.31.31.31 Port 333) but I can’t get it to work on the Win. Server 2003 operation system. I assume I have not set up something correctly on the Win. Server 2003 system but don’t know what. This is working on Win 98 and WinXP Pro systems on my network but not this server.