Graph Lines

Brian,
If I have WD minimized to the taskbar for any lenth of time, the hour lines on the graph do not space out evenly and sometimes are missing alltogether. If I have WD open all of the time, the graphing is spot on, with a line every hour as it should be and every hour showing at equal distance. Any idear as to why this happens?
Mitch

Mitch,
What version of WD are you running? Brian recently made a fix to the hour numeric missing after adjusting the charts and this may have been a related problem.

Hi gr,

Version 10.10m.

it will be related to your weather station type, i.e the ws2500
and so having the program minised, it must not be getting the data as well from the station?
a bit like the trick of leaving the ws2000 data window open??

wd does not do any less processing if its minimised itself, i.e there is nothing in the program to do that
but, it might be windows that is allocating less cpu when its minimised
so
try setting the priority to maximum with taks manager?

windows XP Home,compaq presario,P4 3ghz, 512meg ddr, 160gig hard drive,

Hi Brian,
Have been running the software that came with the station for the last week.
No problems with the hour spacing, repeat hours or anything like that when it is minimised on the taskber, shut down and restarted, left off for a couple of days etc etc, like the problems I was getting with WD.
Solar works ok as does the brightness (lux) as well.
I’ll keep running the PC-ws2500 software until you think you may have a fix in WD.
Keep you posted.

i have no idea why having the program minimised causes that
there is nothing in the program code that even knows the program is minimised.
but in 10.10t i have made a tweak with the ws2500 routine

I’ll download ‘t’ and give it a go.
Thanks Brian, I’ll let you know!!!

what will be happening, but i dont know why, is that when its minimised, its not waking up the station very well (wd has to send a “ring” command at a very fast rate).
my guess is that windows allocated less cpu time to wd when its minimised, so try setting maximum cpu priority to weatherd.exe with task manager if you windows later than 98