TDC/IP thru Virtual VP

Hi

Im trying to get WD working thru Virtual VP TCP/IP connection. See attached pic.

I have installed Lantronix on my laptop and configured COM6 thru port 5512 - see attached pic.

WD is setup to use COM6.

Its not working - hope someone can see what might be wrong.

Best regards,

Henrik

tcpip.jpg

Althouth this is probably not the problem, it will work fine to simply set the address in VirtualVP to 127.0.0.1, unless you have multiple network adapters on different subnets, and need to specify which one VirtualVP should route through.

In the older version of Lantronix, there was an option for “Raw” available when setting it up for TCP/IP to serial. That needed to be checked for it to work. I don’t know where that option is for other versions of Lantronix software. On the VirtualVP page of the SoftWx websits is a link to the older Lantronix Redirector that I have instructions for in the addendum of the VirtualVP manual.

Steve
SoftWx

It worked fine here with the 127.0.0.1 address also, but for some odd reason WD would not see the VP reception value (came out as 0% when WD was in TCP/IP mode). It is mentioned in another topic of the WD forum concerning a ‘0 %’ zero reception was a problem. Other than that WD worked fine.

Hi and thansk for your replies.

I have tried the old Lantronix version from your site Steve - but I get some errors when I install it on my Windows7 Laptop.

I have tried changing IP adress to 127.0.0.1 in both VirtulVP and in Lantronix - but its still not working.

Hope someone have it working in the newest version

Best regards,

Henrik

the reception data comes from a command to get that data from the console (its not part of the loop data)
I must not have set that up to use the TCP/IP route
I will look into that

Hi again

I finally managed to get it working with Lantronix version 3. The trick was to make one change in Lantronix at a time - then save and exit and so on.

Lantronix version 4 - I gave up.

Hi Brian

Im not sure what that means - but it seems to work now.

Best regards,

Henrik

I think the removal of the Raw Mode setting in Lantronix 4 is the problem. That’s why I have the link to v. 3. I glad you got it working.

Steve
SoftWx