Weather site in Sweden

Hi i’m pretty new at this so i’m still working on my site.

At this moment i don’t use WD but i’m working on that as well

My idea is to use WD and VWS side by side for there are some functions that I am interested in both programs.

you will find my page on this link, http://www.axelvold.net

a good number of people do use WD with other software via VirtualVP :wink:

Thanks Brian, i think i will have to take a look at that software.

Hi Lars! Welcome to the WD forum :slight_smile:

With VirtualVP, you can run up to 4 weather programs from the single Davis Vantage Pro(1 or 2) console.
I use it with my VP1Plus to drive Weather-Display, and three other weather programs, so I can pick and choose what to present on the website :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Ken

Thanks Ken

How difficult is it to configure Virtual VP?

For I assume that there are no instructions in Swedish :wink:

And does it work with other stations beside Davis Vantage Pro 1 or 2 weather station?

Hi Lars,

VirtualVP is not very difficult to set up if you keep your wits about you and remember how it works. You also need a (free) software serial-port driver to run on your system (I use N8VBvCOM) - the drivers act like a hardware serial connection crossover plug for a pair of COM ports, and that allows the VVP connection to talk to weather software and the weather software thinks it has exclusive control of the Davis console port.

The manual is in English (sorry, no Swedish available, but your English is excellent! :slight_smile: )

VirtualVP works only with the Davis Vantage Pro family of weather stations.

Best regards,
Ken

Thanks for the answer Ken.

Then i have a big problem, i don’t owns no Davis Vantage Pro, i just have a Lacrosse WS-2300. :frowning:

Is there any other software that is similar to VirtualVP that works with other consols?

Lars,
I’m not aware of another program that works like VVP for other weather stations than the Davis.

If your station is a ‘send-only’ connection to your PC, then maybe a port replicator/serial splitter would work with it … I’m not familiar enough with the LaCrosse WS-2300 to say if it’s possible … maybe some other members have experience with that weather station and can comment.

Best regards,
Ken

Ok, thanks Ken

I will wait and see if there is someone else that know.

WD can be set to use the currdata.lst file to get data, see in the weather station type setup

Thanks for that Brian, I will look in to it.

see in the heavy weather import setup , in the 2310 setup tab, of the weather station type setup :wink:

Lars, try Chinese Ha Ha…a private joke. :wink:

Alan

Alan, are you following me? :lol:

There is no place to enter where the currdata.lst is placed ) or am i blind) and i can’t find anything with heavy weather import neither.

I did find it, did have a old version of WD