cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: iROX Pro-X / HoneyWell TE923 Setup blog  (Read 10543 times)

Offline Windy Greg

• Hunua/Ararimu, Auckland. New Zealand
    • Hunua/Ararimu, Auckland, New Zealand
Re: iROX Pro-X / HoneyWell TE923 Setup blog
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 01:18:21 AM »
Not knowing where you live sort of makes it hard to say what readings you should be expecting
VP2 prices here in NZ are
Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus w/fan    $2,781.00
Datalogger                                     $382.00.

Cheers

Offline wasted

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 08:22:28 AM »
Windy, I live in England, west of London about 40 miles.

I thought I was cleaver setting alarms for wind speed, gusts and temperatures. As I never heard them I forgot about it and went away to Switzerland for work last week. After a day or so I got complaining emails from my wife asking about the beeping from the unit (in the night of course!) Oops. So, that 'feature' has been switched off now.

I have moved the anemometer to on a pole on the flat roof over our kitchen. This is still not ideal as the wind direction sail gets spun round wildly with every gust. I noticed the other day a neighbour has one on his roof aerial mast! How do you change the batteries on that I wonder!

Offline wasted

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 10:08:13 AM »
Hmmm, having trouble switching off the alarms. I saved the settings using the iROX software but it still beeps every so often.

Offline wasted

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 07:41:27 PM »
 :D finally I think I've done it - using the front panel controls rather than the software. Fingers crossed, because last night was not very funny.

Offline Lucid

• M1VPN - damian :o)
  • Combe Raleigh, Devon, UK
    • Combe Raleigh Weather Station
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 12:33:48 PM »
Great thread, I've just bought a new Irox as a experimental station, which is the new model without the UV sensor, but with a solar panel to keep the wind sensor charged.

Look forward to your updates ...

Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus | Davis Envoy Serial | 1-Wire Soil and Wet Leaf |

Offline wasted

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »
I've come back to trying to install the Weather Display console software on my Thecus N1200 nas drive (which runs Debian Linux).
Oh my goodness - I have sunk 2 hours into this and got nowhere. The main issue is that the N1200 has a very cutdown install of linux on it, and so to add in the versions of the libraries that Weather Display requires becomes a nightmare. ie it needs libc v2.5 or newer (and I have v2.3 installed). To update to 2.5 requires two other libraries. To install these, you need 'aptitude', which you guessed it requires 15 files 8O
So, I am giving up - life is too short.

cumulus