Extra lines

also in earlier versions I had noticed this.
In 10.10k the hour lines are sometimes double lines and it seems if there is a mess of time indication under the graph.

Is this a VGA problem with my video card or something else?

Hi dekale

I am still using version 10.10h and the same thing is happening on my graph.
It only happens when I shut down WD and restart.
It then as 2 or 3 lines at one of the hour lines.
On the last occassion just five minutes ago
it also as 222 instead of just 22 as the hour digit.
It seems to be repeating the hour over the top of itself.
Not really a problem though.
I am still also having problems with all the graphs above the 12 hour one not updating the data.
I can get it to update by converting a txt file but that is the only way.

Brian

Windows xp Pro/speed 1000/ WMR928N

what weather station type dekale?
Scott: have you tried the latest version?
please try that (which now has radio buttons for which graphing to use for the main graph (6,12,24,48 or 72), which is a big improvement on before
and you can now set the maximum value to graph too, and set the indoor to match the outdoor, etc
any errors under view, program error log?
I dont have any other reports of problems like you describe scott…
strange…

Hi Brian

I have nothing in my error log may be because I shut down and restarted WD earlier this evening.
I have installed the latest version.
The radio buttons what exactly do they look like I can see the new option for setting the max readings but cannot see any other changes in the graph set up.
I am getting a bit senile though.
Only the graphs after 12 hours are not updating odd isnt it.
I have selected the 24 hour graph and will see if it updates now it is the default one.

Brian

the radio buttons are in the very bottom left hand corner, the box that says, Main graph default.

another thing to, the 24 hoour graph, or longer, the data updates every 10 minutes.

and, also, check that you dont have ticked, share the datafiles, under setup, general and misc

Hi Brian

I am sorry to seem so thick but radio buttons ?.
Since the new graphs were introduced I have had the option via small round selection boxes to select the default graph, that is exactly what I have on this version.
Located in the graph setup at the bottom left hand side.

I did have the share datafile ticked have now selected No on this option will see what that does.

I have checked this morning and still getting the graphs upto 12 hours updated but not any of the longer time span ones.
I have the 24hr selected as default but it as still not updated.

Brian
Windowsxp pro/ WMR928N/ 1000mhz

having the share datafiles ticked will stop the graphs from being updated
becuase that means you are getting your data from another version of WD running on another PC…thats what thats for.
radio buttons are the round ones instead of the square tick boxes

Hi Brian

Thanks for the info.
Will wait and see if it is working ok now.

Brian

Hi Brian

The share Data being selected was the problem every thing working OK now.
Thanks again for your patience.

Brian

thats good news :lol:
that has been the problem all along…why you have not had the graph data working
You are not the only one to have fallen into that trap. :roll:

Hello Brian,

I use the LaCrosse 2210 with PC interface 2010-13

I am using version 10.10L, and I have seen the double hour grid lines in all the versions I have tried since the new graphs were released. The double lines change over time, as new data is added to the 12hr main graph. Sometimes there are only 1 or 2 double hour gridlines, at the moment, I count 7 of the vertical grid lines are double displayed.

The new graphs are much better for me, because we have fairly large temperature extremes on a daily basis here in Colorado. The new graphs are great for temp display.

Brian, if you want me to send a jpeg of the main graph, email me. Or, you can look at the graphs on my webpage… www.frii.com/~kpb/myweather.htm

Regards, Kevin

WS2010, P4, Win XP pro

hi
that happens with your weather station type, a ws2000, and is becuase of the way all the data arrives at once.
I am working,as I get time, on improving that… :wink:

a (new) 10.10n I am hoping will be better for the ws2010 type station/datalogger and the ws2500 station, for the double hour lines and the duplicate log times too…
let me know
thanks

I have been running 10.10n for 24 hours. I see no difference in the vertical grid lines. At the moment, 8 of the grid lines are doubled.