New verson of the clientrawrealtimeftp.exe

Version 1.2 beta:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/clientrawrealtimeftp.zip
This one will exit better (after 5 seconds it should)

and I am testing having it actualy close and then restart itself at the schuedled re login time

becuase i have noticed that at times it gets gummed up, i.e stuck on the Store command,and a restart is the only way to fix it (a log out/re login does not fix that)
and this should also fix the lost socket error too

I also need to fix in WD to stop it starting it again when you go to the svg/real time ftp setup…

oops, i should have had .zip on the end instead of .exe
(it was too late at night)
cold here this morning, only 3.5oC
there is lots of new snow in NZ lately, winter has started early…
we have had hail here…
so much for global warming!

“Too late at night”! You mean you don’t work 24/7 :?:

I was wondering. Now that it’s getting warmer up here, and colder down there, does the work load on the farm get lighter or heaver? (We realize there are other things you do besides work on WD and respond to posts on this forum.) It already seems apparent that there is some kind of warp between the northern and southern hemispheres since you obviously have far more than 24 hours in one day. That is the only explanation of how you are able to do all this, and also be with your family.

You are great. Thanks for everything.

Now, back to the thread.

Last night, using version 1.1 of clientrawrealtimeftp, I had problems with lost sockets running at 10 second and 15 second intervals but it ran over 24 hours at 20 seconds. When I get home tonight, I will get the latest version and try that.

Mornin’ Richard

He has an even newer version, 2.0 (I think) which is running well for me.

I’ve been able to upload clientraw.txt each five seconds, with very few failures. It’s much, much better!

http://members.sigecom.net/tbrooks/index.html

Tb 8)

Since tomorrow is a holiday (Stock Market Closed) I will have plenty of time to try it out. (I can’t make changes from work… yet.)

Of course, I will have to get permission from “The Domestic Authority” (Got that term from Julian’s post) since she has problems with me spending hours in front of the computer when there are “things to be done”. How many times have you just sat there, waiting for the next 5 minute update to take place? :computer:

I will post my results as soon as I have results.

Since tomorrow is a holiday (Stock Market Closed) I will have plenty of time to try it out.
To bad WD isn't a publicy traded company, you could just say you are doing market research! :lol:
Of course, I will have to get permission from "The Domestic Authority" (Got that term from Julian's post) since she has problems with me spending hours in front of the computer when there are "things to be done". .

AH, spring, when a young man’s fancy turns to :love7: love… lucky for me I got the WD forum to show me why that is not a good idea. :cry:

looks like the 2.3 version of the separate clientrealtimeftp.exe is a winner :slight_smile: :lol:

Does clientrealtimeftp.exe come with the full program download at the web site?

I’m not sure what version I’m using, but it’s working very well so I guess that doesn’t matter. Is there a way for us to tell the version number of theat part?

Tb 8)

When the icon for the program is in the task bar at the bottom of the screen double click it and it will appear on the screen. At the top is the version number.

It’s version 2.3 !

Thanks
Tb 8)

I have been running 2.3 since last night at 5 second intervals, and if it has gotten it’s nickers in a twist, I haven’t seen it because whenever I check, it’s uploading away.

Great job

:mrgreen: 8) :lol:

I hope I did not put a curse on “it” by saying how great is was.

I was finishing a post to the forum, when I noticed that clientrawrealtimeftp was not there. Sure enough, the uploads had stopped a half hour ago.

I tried to restart it by going into the setup and clicking ok. That used to work but doesn’t now. Version L.

Any way, I exited and restarted WD. I watch the realtimeftp start, do about 3 uploads, and dissappear. No errors showed. It just vanished. I watied a minute. Tried to uncheck and recheck the “Enable Realtime” box, but that did nothing. Exit and restart worked.

For now, it has been running about 5 minutes. I will leave it alone and see how it does.

Again, 5 second uploads version 10.10L and 1.3 with 10 minute logins.

No problems here yet. Been running 5 second uploads, 5 minute logins about 31 hours.

If the clientrawrealtimeftp stops again double click on “clientrawrealtimeftp.exe” in the
“*:\program files\wdisplay” directory. That should start it without restarting WD.

[quote=“rpreuss”]I hope I did not put a curse on “it” by saying how great is was.

just double click the program , the flash icon,in the location where you have wd installed, to get it going again, rather than restarting wd

if it has a major error, then it restarts itself and exists.
that has been working ok for me

I wasn’t sure if I could just re-start it like that. I was thinking it needed some kind of info from WD to tell it how often, etc. Will do that, maybe even drop an icon the the desktop. But that may not be necessary, It has been going 3 days at 5 seconds and 10 minute re-starts without a hitch. (Knock on wood!!)

It may get to be more reliable than my cable service, which occasionally goes down once a month or so. Of course, if I call them, there is “nothing wrong” and it magically fixes itself in a few hours.