last night's storm in Iowa

http://www.kcci.com/weather/19787467/detail.html

Nice shelf cloud image. Those storms developed into a MCS and made it into Illinois early this morning with the heaviest activity staying south of me. Another repeat expected tonight with a moderate risk of severe expected from IA to IN.

And I would be south of you.

Yep it got intense last night.

Mark

more tonight and tomorrow… hot,humid, high dewpt, all the makings… then it gets warm. Finally we turned on the air conditioning. The temp is 80, DP is 56 with 86%$ humidity. whew.

Three of them within 15 miles of me!

Tornado Warning - Henderson (Illinois) Updated: Fri, 19-Jun-2009 12:43pm CDT A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 445 PM CDT FOR CENTRAL HENDERSON AND WEST CENTRAL WARREN COUNTIES...

AT 431 PM CDT…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO
INDICATE A TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY NEAR
STRONGHURST…OR 11 MILES SOUTH OF OQUAWKA…MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR…
SMITHSHIRE AND KIRKWOOD AROUND 440 PM CDT…
MONMOUTH AND 8 MILES SOUTHWEST OF MONMOUTH MUNICIPAL AIRPORT AROUND
445 PM CDT…

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…

THE SAFEST PLACE TO BE IN A TORNADO IS IN A BASEMENT OR INTERIOR ROOM
OR HALLWAY ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A BUILDING.

A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM CDT
FRIDAY EVENING FOR EASTERN IOWA AND NORTHWESTERN ILLINOIS AND
NORTHEAST MISSOURI.

LAT…LON 4071 9098 4086 9107 4093 9097 4104 9072
4088 9058
TIME…MOT…LOC 2131Z 251DEG 38KT 4078 9089

$$

HAASE
Issuing Weather Forecast Office Homepage

Head betetwen my legs just in case.

Mark

it is the nature of the beast, living in this area of the country. It is hot , high dew point,humidity and a cold front… yup that is home.

Crap a new alert. Straight line winds heading this way. Up to 70. I’m smack dab in the middle of the warning area. Nothing to do but wait and see.

Mark

Nada :slight_smile:

Mark

I believe we are in the clear…cooled off finally. but the forecast is for heat, with saturated ground , the humidity is going to be up there and probably an interesting heat index … I think summer arrived.

Take care those in Sth East IA and neighboring states like IL and IN… strong storm force winds if nothing else.