v1.02 available for download

Fixed a couple of things and added some -

Added switching between date and time next to heartbeat indicator.
Corrected problems with rounding.
Added min, max temp bars on thermometer.
Improved font resizing.
Fixed bug which would show serial error instead of error loading configuration file after the 30 second timeout.
Added option of displaying wind in kph.
Fixed bug with thermometer scale showing celsius at load instead of farenheit if that option had been selected.
Changed rain gauge to improve display when in inches.
Improved barometer when displaying in inHg.

http:///www.weather-display.com/download.php

Julian

Hi Julian,

Weather Display Live v1.02 looks a lot better now.
Internet Explorer v6 still is slow configuring Weather Display Live. IE6 configuring will time out on my machine, will flash

Glad you like it.

This slow loading configuration is definitely very strange. I had that problem when viewing rpreuss’s site with IE but it was fine with Mozilla. Your site is fine, virtually instantaneous, on both.

Julian

Hi Julian,

I’m a little confused. I haven’t registered yet, as i am still evaluating locally. I have attempted to upgrade to v1.02, but I am seeing no difference in display…do I need to have registered to ‘see’ fixes ??

regards

Trev

good work julian,looking good!
Pratty, no, you should be able to upgrade with the trial…
make sure you update the index.html (or what ever you have named it) on your server to change the name of the .swf file to the new .swf file (i.e wdlv1_02.swf) name , and upload that .html file and the new wdlv1_02.swf file as well
(the configuration file you dont need to update,which needs to be where you have the clientraw.txt file uploading too, until you register it (then you need to enter the registration code in the xml config file and upload that file to your server )

Hi Pratty

No, Brian is correct. If you see no difference it’s because you are probably still looking at the old version. One way of telling is by changing the rainfall units between inches and mm. When you select inches the scale should be from 0 to 1 or 0 to 10 etc. If they are not then you’ve got an old version which is probably being cached by your browser or proxy. Try the options in the troubleshooting part of the readme file first. If no joy let me know.

Julian

Hi Julian,

I’m obviously doing something wrong as the extract files gives me
wdlv1_01 as the shockwave object. I assumed this should be 1_02 …

sorry to be a pain

Trev

hi pratty
it sounds like you are still getting the old version from the download site
which can happen with cache, which might even be occuring with your ISP
so, try again from the download page, or try here direct:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherDisplayLive.exe

Brian, can we get the version of the WDL file in the description, as you do above for WD? It would help when visiting the download site to tell when a new version is available.

thats already done
it says vers 1.02 on the download page, in the gray box header for that file
( will shift that file closer to the top)

hi pratty it sounds like you are still getting the old version from the download site which can happen with cache, which might even be occuring with your ISP so, try again from the download page, or try here direct: http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherDisplayLive.exe

I’m afraid still the same results…the dates on te extract files are all dated pre 1/4/2004 as well. I will give it another look this evening

Trev

hi
email me direct, and I will email it to you
[email protected]

thats already done
I should have checked before I posted - hadn't looked in the last day or two...

Thanks - it’s easier to find now.

a new full version of WD ( an new 10.10i) the clientraw.txt real ftp is now handled by a separate .exe program to WD (you will need to have yoour firewall allow it through), and it will start up auto when WD starts up if you have the real time clientraw.txt file ftp upload enabled in the svg/real time upload (under the webfiles/web page setup)
it will also exit soon after you save and exit WD too…

anways, i have had it running overnight, and it working like a champ, and WD is much more responsive without it

hi email me direct, and I will email it to you [email protected]

Hi Brian,

All sorted eventually!!!. Still don’t know what problem was, but as you suggested, there must have been something in the cache that wasn’t clearing. I went to the lengths of deleting every reference to WeatherDisplay that I could find,( with the exception of the Weather Display software of course !!!), and all is now well.

Thanks for your time and patience…and all your and Julian’s hard work and efforts for providing 1st class software for us weather enthusiasts…

Trev

1.02 beta is on the download site
(as a zip file)
good feedback on this one!