WIND GUST MAX WRONG

Hi,

Great bit of software, thanks. :D/

However, I have a problem with the test page that I am running. The wind gust dial is Ok, but text underneath constantly displays
(Max 11mph), #-o even though this is obviously not the case…I’ve looked at the data on the clientraw.txt and cannot see where it is getting this value from,…if indeed it is a reading.

regards

Trev

That is the max gust that day, as opposed to current. Perhaps I need to put ‘day’ next to it? It is in the clientraw file but I couldn’t tell you where without looking it up!

Julian

Hi Julian,

I see…I should have gauged that !!! but that means there is a discrepancy between the clientraw.txt file and my WD software as my max gust was displaying as 10.9mph…

Thanx 4 for some fantastic software. I will be ‘upgrading’ my trial version within next week…

Trev

that looks to be another rounding issue for Julian

Julian, just fyi as a helper:
knots to mph, *1.15
knots to kph, *1.85
knots to m/s /1.943

mm to inches, *0.02953 (for rain)
mm to inches, *0.03937 (for barometer)

My wind looks right on. WD displays 15.9 mph/13.8 kts.
Weather Display Live displays 16 mph/14 kts.

thats good
given that a personal weather station windspeed reported will have a certain amount of inaccuracy, rounding up by 0.1 or so should not be an issue I would have thought, but thats just my 2 cents worth

Hi,

Still think there is a rounding issue, be it with the Julian’s Software or Weather Display…Weather Display was showing 5.4mph as max gust, yet WDLive was displaying 6mph, or is the normal format to round up ?..I’m not concerned about it, as i do not need the accuracy, just thought i would mention it…

…Just checked, and WD is showing 8.0mph(7.0Knts) as Max Gust so far today, whereas WDLive is displaying 9mph…??? If i am reading clientraw.txt file correctly then this is sending 7.0 (knts)…

Trev

Looks like the clientraw.txt file reports the maxim wind gust of the day as knots to one decimal place.
In the clientraw.txt file the maxim wind gust for the day is the fourth group of digits from the right end of the file. The date is the first group of digits at the right end of the file.

I think Julian still has some work to do on rounding of figures and converting values from metric to other measurements.

its the weekend coming up, so Julian will have more time outside his work commitments, so hopefully a new version by the end of the weekend

I’ve got Sunday in my diary as a good day for sorting this. My wife’s on a ramble so I should get some free time…

Julian