Modified Homepage a bit

I added three things and changed my graphs on my homepage. I added the cloud height graphic, changed my fire graphics and changed the graphs to the sparkline graphs. Plus I added Current Conditions Around The Area courtesy of MesquiteWX. Like to thank MexquiteWX and Rainer, plus Kevin for the help and the programs the provided to us.

http://www.chucksweather.com/

Chuck

looks very good :slight_smile:
yes, big thanks to all who have worked hard on the scripts

Looking Good Chuck! 8)

Thanks Tony. Seems like I am never happy with it or I want to add or change things.

Chuck

I added a scroll script right above my dashboard so I could post any changes or additions to my site and whatever else I want to add to it.

Chuck

Awesome chuck looks great

Would someone like to share this Conditions Around the Area script? I have been looking for something along this line for some time and I see someone (not sure who gets credit here…MesquiteWX??) actually Did the coding.

I would really appreciate the usage of that or a similiar script or advising where I may get it.

Hi Chuck, One of the better sites that I have seen. A lot of work seems to gone into it. There is a lot added data and menus compared to most that use the templates. Well done.

Very nice! Your site is great! :slight_smile:

Hi Chuck, Your site is Awsome, Hope mine looks as good as yours someday. :slight_smile:

Yes that is a script that I have made and Chuck was the first I shared it with. Their is one other but I can’t remember who. I have received an overwhelming request for this by email so I have decided to write up a formal script so this can be easily added to the Carter Lake Template. Give me a couple of weeks to get this done. I am really busy with my work right now so I will try to get around to it and finished and out the door to everyone as soon as I can since a lot seem to want this. Thanks to everyone who is interested in it. I can tell you this right now. You will need to install HamWeather and have it running in a sub directory on your site. So those that are interested you can go ahead and download it and get it set up and running as the template gets the data from HW program…

Chuck, I see you need to update a script in your HW install since it is reporting the wind in decimal points and in knots. The fix to this can be found here

http://support.hamweather.com/viewtopic.php?p=49649#p49649

HamWeather is set up on my site and working: http://www.k3jae.com/hw3/hw3.php

Now I eagerly await your script. :smiley:

One other thing you are going to need is the Database for the locations whether it be the flatfile or MySQL. The one with the install only contains limited locations. So until you purchase the DB it will not work because all your locations will show N/A. So everyone has to ask themselves if this is really worth it just for this one script? In my case it is because I use HW through out my site. So this may or may not be for you.

What is the cost of these flat files/MySQL databases and ae they re-occurring costs?

Congratulations, real cool !

$20 a month, but you only need it once. Then you can pay to update it once a year if you like.

That is what I figured after researching… Shoot, I could afford that once per year to update. Thanks.

Has the script for the weather conditions ever been provided?

Thanks,

John

Nice new layout Chuck!