Multiple data sources

Greetings

Does the Linux version of WD support multiple data sources?

What I have in mind is getting most of my data from a La CRosse WS 2310 but with extra measurements from 1-wire temperature sensors (pool & solar eating temp!!) and a home made sunshine gauge.

If there is this capability, how do they integrate into the displays…

Many thanks

Robin

Sadly one-wire is not supported by linux WD

unfortunetly the dll files i have used (tmex) are windows files, and cant be used in linux

Chris

Hi Chris

Writing a device driver for one-wire shouldn’t occupy more than a few hours - if I know what the interface is to WD then I’ll knock one up (its what I do for a living!!).

In fact if WD could suck data out of a pipe or file then anything could be interfaced to it including raw satellite data etc :-))

Robin

Hi Robin
here is some Java code for the dallas 1 wire:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/owWx3.zip

Maybe you could convert that to a Kylix component I could use in WD???
8O

if you could help me robin with the support for the 1 wire, then you can have a free version of WD :slight_smile:

I’m on it already - at least I’m hunting out examples of 1-wire interfacing in Linux. There appears to be quite a few so I think the main requirement will be to determine the API for WD.

I think perhaps a simple pseudo tty device pipe with the 1-wire application at one end getting data via the serial port (and a 1-wire adapter) and WD at the other end. i.e. treat it like many of the existing weather station base-units shoving data up a serial port!!

Time to switch to private email - I’ll keep the list posted on progress…

Robin.

if you can pull something out of the hat Robin, there wil be some happy people around!
I use Kylix as the compiler in linux

(and i need to the web graph rain/hum scale too!)

Take a look at the AAG Web Site (Download Section) They have some sample DELPHI code (Windows version of Kylix!)

Hi
I use Delphi for the windows version, and I have seen and used those sample code, but they rely on dll files, which are not compatible with linux (linux uses so files (shared object files) instead…maybe if they were simply port over (and the difference in the com port taken care of) by Dallas…