VirtualVP unable to 'see' virtual COM port

I’ve recently bought a Davis VP2 Wireless and am very pleased with it. I’ve been made aware of VirtualVP and installed an evaluation copy last night on a new Samsung NC10 netbook.

At the time I was unfamiliar with USB and Virtual Serial Port modes. However, after some help from John Dann at ProData I thought I’d cracked the problem. I was wrong.

Essentially I have switched my VP2 from USB to VSP mode using the CP210X USB to Serial Converter program and COM6 was assigned to the Silicon Labs CP210X USB to UART Bridge. But despite entering COM6 in the console COM field and then clicking on Connect in VPPro the console is not detected.

Neither can I connect to it using WeatherLink 5.8.3 using the manual or auto-detect methods. So for now I’ve had to revert to USB mode despite the limitations it has.

Can you suggest what the problem might be? There’s a fuller discussion on the UKWeatherWorld forum http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=30039&posts=9&start=1 and I’m also attaching the log.

Many thanks for any help.

Edited to attach log.

log.txt (37.9 KB)

I was able to resolve the problem by rebooting after switching from USBX mode. VPP then recognised the console’s logger.

Nice program. I’ll be registering it in the next few days. :smiley: