StartWatch General Options

Hello all, I have finally got a dedicated weather computer for all my weather programs. I have installed StartWatch to monitor and restart programs should the computer restart for some reason. I am curious what others are using for there general settings.

This is what I want. If the computer should restart due to a reboot or power failure I want StartWatch to start all my programs like it is designed. I have the programs already set. I am just curious what the general settings should be. I am not sure about the first one, Run StartWatch when the user logs in… Will that run it every time I log in from it being idle? Here is the way it is set up now. How does everyone else have theres set up?

StartWatch General.jpg

That’s how I have mine set up. The first option basically says that StartWatch should run automatically at startup.

Additionally, you will want to make sure the user account all this is going to run under is set up to log in automatically at bootup. If you don’t have a password for the user, this probably happens automatically already. But if you have a password defined, there is a way you can configure window to auto-login the account. How to do this has been posted somewhere in these forums already. If you need that, I can find the link for you.

Steve
SoftWx

Thanks for your reply Steve. I only have one user account for the weather PC and it does have a password so I can Remote Desktop to it from my Laptop. I had already set it up to where you don’t have to enter the password to login prior to posting so I should be good there. I just needed a little more clarification about that first option. If that is the standard method then then I should be set since I have auto-login enabled.