Virtual VP and WD

I am trialing Virtual VP and have WD and WeatherLink running on it but when I had 2.4mm rain WD did not record it but WeatherLink did.

That’s pretty odd, and off-hand I can’t think of what would cause that. The two programs should be getting the same information, since VirtualVP just mirrors the same data to each of the connected programs. If WD is getting its rain data from the live feed, and calculating the rain accumulations itself, and WeatherLink is getting the rain accumulations from the archive data, that might be a clue. Is that how the two programs are configured. Which display from WeatherLink is the source of the rain data you’re comparing with WD? Is it the bulletin screen, the text archive log, or something else?

Steve
SoftWx

Just a thought Steve, does WD data logger need to be switched off when using Virtual VP?

If I understand your question correctly, no, you shouldn’t have to do anything special in WD.

Steve I am trying out VVP again, My VP2 console recorded 1mm rain but when connected to VVP weather display does not show the amount but when I remove WD from VVP and reconnect on com 1 WD show the 1mm of rain :?

but when I remove WD from VVP and reconnect on com 1 WD show the 1mm of rain

do you mean the next 1 mm of rain to fall?

no rain seems to record while WD is connected to VVP

does anyone else have this problem
(strangely I dont recall seeing any other reported problems)

you can set wd into debug mode, set to log the raw data for testing, under setup, advanced/misc
then see under view, ws2010/ws2500 data setup, when its raining, for rain info

The console and WD record the rain fine when not connected to VVP but when connected to VVP the rain amount from the console does not seem to transfer to VVP and then WD

you can set wd into debug mode, set to log the raw data for testing, under setup, advanced/misc then see under view, ws2010/ws2500 data setup, when its raining, for rain info

I don’t have this problem running Virtual VP and WD. Granted mine is in inches not millimeters.

Chuck

Chuck I may have missed something when installing Virtual VP, I will go over it again.