Crash...Bang...Oops

For info about the recent outage, check here…

http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php?topic=3933.0

Phew, thank goodness you got it fixed, some of us were in danger of having to get a life :smiley:

Phew, thank goodness you got it fixed, some of us were in danger of having to get a life :D
You don't know the half of it. This is my spring break, and since my Cancun plans fell through :roll::, I have to spend the time from 11AM -1 AM somewhere :twisted: . A few other forums had to pick up the slack today :lol::dark1:

I forgot, the best part. My latest intellectual failure is now gone, no evidence exist :withstupid:

Buford, happy camper because of the new emoticons, Picklefeather

A life? to get one? I wouldn’t know where to begin.

The wife had me move my weather tripod, then said I could put in a second, since I bolted that thing to the earth real good. Then she says I thought it was bigger. i wondered if she had been reading my email offers lately. Anyway, sure, I added 10 feet, then it needed guy wires in 2 places, and to be anchored to the ground . OK. Done.

Then she says, could you take out the old tripod, nope, too well bolted, so she says that I can have 2 tripods, one with the soil moisture sensors and the ISS on the other one. OF course there is a hitch, she doesn’t like the way the pvc pipe is sticking out of the ground ( so to keep critters from munching the wires). So on probably the only dry and reasonablly warm afternoon, here I sit on the ground running wires through pvc pipes like some mico oil pipeline. OK, so I missed the tower by a tad, and will fix that tomorrow and have to do some minor adjustments like get the problems on the right terminals for example ( soil moisture data is way off now) but it looks pristine. And of course the weather display keeps on ticking away .

So nope, no life here. wouldn’t know what to do with it if I had one.

Did find muscles I haven’t used in 20 years. Some day I will walk upright again, but it was fun.

i wondered if she had been reading my email offers lately..
Me too. I just had to give them my credit card number and ssn and it was only $79.99. I get wait to get those all natural pills.

I have a spam blocker so it traps all those “interesting messages” Now thinking on this , Am I going to buy something from some dweeb who can 't spell. However… If they were offering weather equipment or software, I might be curious. But some are very very strange, which would explain what expriests and ex teachers do when the job doesn’t.

Well, I did get the weather station finally finished. Well almost finally finished. I bought a wireless annenometer transmitter for the VP. After the annenometer went belly up and the process of taking down the tower, relocating the ISS, lifting the dang mast up and down, and putting the whole thing up. I figured that putting the annenometer on its own mast with the transmitter and the ISS on the second mast tower was the better of the two.

I think I am finished , although I have this feeling to buy weather equipment or even network the old cpu ( I have this feeling that won’t go well. I am going to need to use a wireless transmitter, oh heck, Instead of buying the 79.00 item I could get hardware. instead)

Definitely spring break isn’t what it used to be. Yee HAAA

I have a spam blocker so it traps all those "interesting messages" Now thinking on this , Am I going to buy something from some dweeb who can 't spell. However.... If they were offering weather equipment or software, I might be curious. But some are very very strange, which would explain what expriests and ex teachers do when the job doesn't.

Some of those mis-spellings are intentional to pass spam filtering, but you have to wonder about anyone who gets caught by the spam I get pretty often asking for “veerification” of your bank account. Funniest I ever saw was one with the subject “Bigger Nuts” that started “You can’t get laid if you are hung like a squirrel” (unless presumably you are a squirrel, or maybe a mouse that walks funny).

I think this was the first 3 day period ever, that Brian DID NOT receive some bug reports.
A much needed and unscheduled vacation for him.

Still trying to find http://coventry.weather-watch.com
Good thing I still have my root.

Chris,
This is how I felt when I got a boot virus for Christmas.
I lost EVERYTHING, including my Restore Points.
2.5 months later, with the addition of a 120GB external hard drive with GHOST,
I feel much better.

Herb

with the addition of a 120GB external hard drive

120GB. Is that big enough??? I only got 50 GB total, and I have entire TV shows/movies donwloaded. :theviking:

with the addition of a 120GB external hard drive
120GB. Is that big enough?????? I only got 50 GB total, and I have entire TV shows/movies donwloaded. :theviking:
Size Matters. My PC has a 60GB HD although since the crash I'm only using about 7GB.

There was a deal on a Western Digital 120 external USB 2 drive for $99,
so that’s what I picked up.

It takes 15 minutes to make a total image of my PC. And if anything
went wrong, even needing HD replaced, I could restore the image in 15 minutes.
I leave the 120 drive powered down unless I’m creating an image.
This keeps those nasty viruses away from it.

Herb

The additional size allows a multitude of backup images to be stored on it.
But I bought on price, not size.

yes, it was a nice break
I got a few direct emails, but not many
there is still about 3 people that I know of who cant use the new graphing method becuase of a floating point error
i am sitll to track that down