None METARs - Request for assistance

Hi
Despite several months of use WXSIM I have still problems with its use.
Yesterday I used the previous version yet, but there are weather forecasts, where each day was similar to each other. This was in automatic mode.
In manual mode, also I am not able to improve. I decide to upgrade to the latest version WXSIM. Hoping to have something to improve. Unfortunately, this has not happened.
I think that I am committing some trivial error. But I can not find him.
In order not to complicate the language with translation into English, I show the pictures to what I do.

1. on image “wiximate1.jpg” is the situation after the collection of data from the Internet and from my WD.
  2. on image “wxsim1.jpg” is start position before the data import from wxsimate.
  3. on image “wxsim after import.jpg” is situaton after I ckick on “Get Data” (i see Found 0 METARs)
  4. on image “after wxsim get surface” and see 0 METARs data with surface
    If I use “OK” and next I use “Use ALL” - I see what is in the picture “after wxsim use all.jpg”

I guess that everything happens because of the lack of METARs.
But no I do not know why the lack of data
If someone feels up to it, explained in very simple manner, I will be grateful.

thanks
andreti

wxsimate 1.JPG

wxsim1.jpg

wxsim after import.jpg

after wxsim get surface.jpg

after wxsim use all.jpg

The most likely reason for the lack of METAR data is that you have not checked the DST (Daylight Savings Time) boxes, and probably sometime in the last month your computer switched over to it (I assume you use DST in Poland). This means that WXSIMATE is looking for METAR data up to an hour in the future, and of course that’s not available yet.

There are a total of three places to check DST: in WXSIMATE, in WXSIM, and in wret.exe (the data retrieval program). In each case the box is on the main form. Remember to uncheck them when DST ends in th fall.

That would explain the METAR problem (though there can be other issues, such as sites not reposnding, or trying to download before the latest batch of observations have been posted). The “all days the same” issue is another matter. I can see from the screen shots that GFS data was indeed downloaded, saved, and imported into WXSIM. Perhaps you never told WXSIM to use it. Be sure to click the Use READY/GFS button on the interrupt planner (the last form you see before the forecast starts). You should see a bunch of colored lines appear on the graph on the bottom of that form. Then the forecast should show appropriate day-to-day changes.

Let me know what happens! :slight_smile:

Tom

Thank you Tom for the suggest.
To date, DST not be checked, but all work well. A change to daylight saving time was long ago.
But now everywhere I select DST.
The first attempt run with the message “No data for this site”
But I wait until next hour. And then see what happens.

thanks
andretti

Tom, thank you for your help.
When I change the DST and wait several hours, it looks better.
I think that my problem was resolved.
Here you can see the effect:
http://www.andretti.pl/wxsimforecast.php?lang=en

thanks
Andretti

I have checked all DST buttons, but , here, the problem remains.

David

Hi Boldo & Andretti,

I too have had some problems with METAR but not limited to METAR. However, I recalled that there are several option for where to download the different data from. (I found the clue to this when I found out that the other place I do forecasts for had it’s downloads from other sites. And it is only some 150 km betweenthe two places I do forecast for.)

I do not know why (haven’t re-read the manual), but things improved a lot when downloading from these sites instead.

METAR: http://weather.cod.edu/digiatmos/sao/
SYNOP: same but last is /syn/
RAOB: http://www.met.fsu.edu/rawdata/radiosonde/

These sites probably just contain a subset of data, because file sizes downloaded are definately smaller, but I havn’t seen any deterioating forcasts - only a much higher rate of successful forecasts. :smiley:

Anybody know if choosing sites is depending on where on earth we live - Like in Europe? :?

Cheers,
Ingemar