Current conditions Icon W/solar sensor

I have noticed that both mostly cloudy and mostly sunny conditions, as determined by my solar sensor, produces a partly cloudy icon. The description is reported correctly, just the current condition icon (per clientraw) is incorrect. Both mostly cloudy and mostly sunny icons are available. Using 10.37N build 22

Anyone else notice this? BTW, I first noticed the problem several upgrades ago. Prior to this, the mostly cloudy and the mostly sunny icons did work. I have also noticed this on a few other sites running the latest builds.

Been MC all day, however, Alt Ajax dash shows “Mostly cloudy” w/ a PC icon.
I followed http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/26377 to no avail.

I know this has been asked several times, but the recommended config via the above link isn’t producing the expected results.
The icon doesn’t agree w/ the text.
37Ob09

As usual, I’m probably missing something.

Still no luck.
It finished raining, WD icon says ‘cloudy stopped raining’, but saratoga web template says ‘mostly cloudy’ w/ partly cloudy icon.

Currently, my WD program icon shows mostly cloudy w/ the same text, at 66% solar avg. METAR shows mc w/ mist.
My webpg shows partly cloudy icon w/ text of mc w/ mist. Using the recommended setup, my solar should be overriding METAR.

The setup instructions seem to be outdated and incorrect.
Does anyone have solar updating their conditions text correctly on their saratoga template?

update:
It seems WD momentarily bounces back and forth b/w showing METAR and the overriden solar config.
Plaintext parser shows the correct icon inline w/ my solar.
ALso, when I originally open the webpg, the icon and text match. Then ajax updates and mismatch occurs.

bump

048 Icon Type Z 19 (Partly Cloudy)
049 Weather Desc L mostly cloudy

Here’s what the parser shows.

This has been an ongoing issue for me for the last five months. Mostly sunny and mostly cloudy icons never appear and they are never indicated in clientraw. In addition, I never see the stopped raining icon which used to work. If you look at other WD run websites, you will never see a mostly cloudy or mostly sunny icon. There may not be a fix for this as it has never been address on this thread by Windy.

Ron

Shouldn’t the icon in the alt ajax dash read the parsed 049 description, then match the icon to the text? With the solar overide, shouldn’t 048 be ignored?

My understanding is that 048 should reflect what is called for in 049… but that no longer seems to be true.

Is that a modified saratoga or alt ajax dash you have?

Anyone using solar sensor successfully w/ daytime conditions icons on their website; using saratoga templates?

After watching wd and my webpg, the icon seems more accurate w/ the conditions text. Also, during the day, there seems to be a momentary sporadic period (minutes) when both icon and text are correct.

I would suggest you try disabling setting conditions based on the metar and see how it works, that might yield some useful info for troubleshooting.

Thanks for the tip. I’m watching that now since discovering the nightime diff.

With metar disabled.
Parsed data shows:
048 Icon Type Z 3 (Cloudy)
However, webpg shows text of mostly cloudy w/ partly cloudy icon.
That would indicate script problem.

I’ll post solar off, metar on results.

With solar disabled:
048 Icon Type Z 19 (Partly Cloudy)

However, webpg shows text of mostly cloudy w/ broken/partly cloudy icon.

It’s my understanding the icon is pulled from the wx descrip 049 parsed data.

Both tests that the description is correct, and the icon 048 is incorrect.

Now after cycling both solar and metar:
048 Icon Type Z 18 (Overcast)
049 Weather Desc L overcast

Thanks niko,
It seems that by turning OFF both Solar Sensor and Metar Main Switches, saving and exiting WD, then turning switches back ON, has reset something. Icons agree w/ nighttime and rain conditions. Will have to wait for the end of the week to verify solar. Whenever this Low budges.
Hopefully, others will be able to use this, vice posting numerous times.

I will follow-up w/ solar.

I will try this also and post results…