I think i have my domain set . Need help with web page ? please

I have no exp . on web page making or ftp uploading .
I have set up with e rice . site name ( www.tristateweather.net) that how far i am .
What due i do next ? Order wd . now
i go to www.tristateweather.net i get this
This website is currently under construction, please check back later.

(I’m the default placeholder, delete me and upload your own.)
What does this mean
Thank you
Info

you most likely will need to set the ftp server name as
ftp.tristateweather.net

and then set your username and password

then the correct needed remote directory (sometimes that just needs to be left blank)
if you then set the station name as index in the webfiles/web page setup, under control panel
then that means wd’s default web page will be your intro page (if you are using the default web page)

Please upload your own website, then delete the index.html file, which is the placeholder page.
This is what e rice e mailed me . I have do not know where this is .
Can you help me ?
Thank you
Info

You should have a Control Panel that you can access online through e-rice where you can modify the files.
Or you can just upload your own index.html file and that will over-write the existing one.

thank you
I did not know that . i guess this weekend i will upload wd . then go by this help guide
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/13162
Then that will override the over-write the existing one
correct ?
Thank you
info

Only if the file you’re uploading is called index.html.
The index page is the first port of call when someone types in your website URL but you have to make sure that the end of the file name is the same. It can cause problems if have index.html on the website and then upload index.htm. :wink:

If you want info, call me (number on web page) and I’ll try to get you going.

Mark

Mark: e-rice does not have a control panel. The member area on e-rice.net is where the ftp login is set up, and then you use an FTP client for uploading etc. The default dir is /web.

I still have not got this site load up . I open an ticket to e rice .
i have no idea what to do
thanks
info

i have this so far
http://www.tristateweather.net/
can someone check out
what do i need to do from here ?
Thank you
info

I don’t use the CarterLake templates but you should read the instructions that come with them regarding the aspects you need to change as all of your links are to CarterLake.org

-Bob

that is just test run screen . I’m getting there .I will not give up my day job.
thank you all for the help
Now i can upload wd after i clear all my junk
Info