Hi everybody

I’ve just installed a hobby board temperature/humidity Sensor

I have wired the humidity Sensor and temperature sensor off the board
making them into a probe sensors ,

On the humidity Sensor I have placed over the chip a muslin cotton tube
these are used in a whirling hydrometer to keep one of the tube moist

My weather station WMR928NX humidity Sensor was reading 30% lower
I have adjusted this using and offset to match the hobby board humidity Sensor

I checked the hobby board humidity Sensor using , Sheathed ordinary Hygrometer .
Met Office pattern (BS692).

muslin cotton tube has improved the sensitivity , the 1 wire humidity Sensor , updates quicker
the WMR928NX humidity Sensor eventually catches up and matches the same reading

mick

humnew.gif

Hi Mick

Are you still using the 30% offset for the 928? cause thats about what offset i have
mine set at, i think mine is actually at 26%

hi Simon

yes I am using 30% offset, I’ve just swap over to the one wire temperature/ humidity Sensor

I will still keep and maintain the WMR928NX station

mick

OK Mick well that tallies up with what ive been saying all along with regards to
my Humidity sensor reading too low, must be a issue with a few of the said sensor :slight_smile:

I keep meaning to spend a little money and get a 1-wire cause i seriously do need to
get an extra temp sensor so that i can use that for he night cloud and then i can redo
my solar sensor, cause as it is at present, combined solar/night sensor its not very
responsive for solar and the sun in the morning and evening cannot heat up the sensor
cause of the insulation thats used for the night cloud sensor, so at the very least i need
to get a 1-wire temp, so i will prob get the humidity as well…

once you start on the one wire stattion, you will not able to leave it alone
to complete the one wire station I need a rain gauge,
they have a battery backup and maintain the data
that my next project got to save some pennies

to humidity Sensor for WMR928NX they look like a paper type sensor element, I think they degrade as time goes along
I think particles clinging to the paper element which affects the readings, the older it is the worst readings become

with the one wire humidity Sensor I’ve added a muslin cotton tube which I will replace every 3 to 6 months

but keep an eye on it to see how this degrades with particles accumulating on the cotton

mick

Sounds like a good idea, you will have to keep us informed as to how it pans out Mick :slight_smile:

Hey there,

I haven’t got any reading glasses yet, so could you post a bigger image, please! :wink: --Hans

opps

mick

humnew1a.gif

humnew2a.gif