"Optional companion prgram WXSIMATE not found"

Only on one out of three computer do I get this error! However WXSIMATE is loaded.

This occurs if starting WXSIMATE via WXSIM, Import, Start WXSIMATE.

I though that it might be from that computer being under quite heavy CPU load, it is the weather production computer.

This “error” might seem harmless enough, but, on this computer is almost impossible to run automated forecasts. I reinstalled this a couple of weeks ago, and has made lots of manual forecast - but after the first successful automatic run, with restarted computer and such precautions taken, it thereafter always end automated forecasts with runtime error 6.

My assumption that it had to do with heavy load was because most of the time I can actually identify each and every window while the autmated forecast is running. Checked, double checked, tripple checked, all settings and and verified versions of involved executables et c. Date settings are English (UK). Works fine for manual forecasts (40 out of 47 logged, and then 5 were bad due to too old data, a couple went runtime error 70 - permission denied (no extra instance was loaded).

Any ideas?

IngemarS

Hi Ingemar,

I don’t know what the problem might be there. It’s interesting that it happens only on one computer.

I hope somebody else has more of a clue! :slight_smile:

Tom

Hi Tom,

I am curious under what circumstances in the code that this message might be displayed. My initial thought was that it had to do something about launching WXSIMATE and then - back to the any problems to do with lack of DoEvents, or in this case rather - if it has to do with the computer being busy doing other things, and if you do a test of WXSIMATE being started too soon. But it seems somewhat overcomplicated? -

A reinstall doesn’t help!

The main differences between the two computers I mainly use, which both have Vista Ultimate, is that the dev computer has UAC control disabled, while the weather production computer has it. Nothing in the logs make any suggestions to any “violation” or risky things going on.

IngemarS

Hi Tom, Ingemar
I not fully understand everything about what you wrote, but on my computer it appears the message.
“Optional companion prgram WXSIMATE not found.”
Mostly when it is already tired. So, where more than 24 hours without a restart.
I’m not sure whether this causes other errors. Usually when I receive this message, I restart the computer. Often it is so that WXSIMATE is still on and therefore do not see this message.
But in a few days I move all the weather programs on another computer with Windows XP. Working with the weather program on Vista Ultimate, causes trouble. I want them this way to avoid it.

Andretti

Hi Andretti,

Thanks, for your input - you

After the restart, the “Optional” message disappeared, as I said earlier. I had a new automated forecast scheduled, and it worked ok, up until the last moment and then WXSIM produced a “Run-time error ‘52’: Bad filename or number” - The forecast did not produce any correct output - WRET returned an “Error occured at line 1909: Subscript out of range”, and no plaintext was produced. (As I described earlier - even if I got RTE

Haven’t had any problems with starting WXSIMATE from WXSIM12 and had the computer going for quite many days now. What I did, and what probably did the trick was to install FinitySoft’s Memory Manager, and wvery other day I manually free memory.

Cheers,

IngemarS