Talk about Freaky Weather

Nothing could be more freaky than the F4 tornado that ripped through the southern Maryland town of La Plata on April 28, 2002. My security camera that faces SW captured the funnel before it did the touchdown that destroyed a good part of the town. You can see a photo of it at: http://www.k3gj.com/Photo%20Gallery/tornado.jpg Having stood on the front porch of the house watching the tornado move from west to east while reporting it via Amateur Radio to the US NWS (since there had been NO warnings put out until it had already hit La Plata), and then watching the hail come down like a meteor storm out of the movies, it’s not something anyone would like to repeat.

That is amazing, about how far away from the touchdown path is that?

Buford Picklefeather

We are about a mile and a half north as the crow flies of the touchdown path. As soon as I can do the copy from the vhs tape from the security camera, I can put up the video itself of the tornado crossing the camera’s view. We certainly aren’t looking forward to this year’s tornado season. Guess that is what we get for being south of Washington DC!!

Guess that is what we get for being south of Washington DC!!

A combination of hot air flowing south from congress/white house/pentagon coming in to contact with logical cool air from the rest of the country, causing uplift and rotation in the atmosphere and finally causing the tornado. :lol:

Academia, here I come

Buford Picklefeather

You absolutely got it figured out!!! We are doomed…