1-Wire raingauge

Hi folks!

I’ve just added a LaCrosse raingauge (Model-nr. WS-2300-16) to my 1-Wire weather station.
Before commissioning, I wanted to test it.
I’ve modified it so that a tip of the bucket should count 0.1mm.
The LaCrosse raingauge’s reedswitch is connected to +5V- and B-terminal on the Dual Counter board.
In WD the 1-Wire Dual Counter is recognized, and the ROM ID is added to the Dallas 1-Wire Setup Page.
Also here I’ve ticked off “I am using a rain gauge 0.1mm”
In the COM Port Setup, “I want to use a Dallas rain gauge as my main rain gauge” is ticked off as well.
Restarted WD a few times.
Now testing it, and WD registers with 0.2 and 0.3mm alternating increments?
With my setup, shouldn’t it read 0.1mm increments?
Is WD mixing up mm and inches?

Anyone?

I just tried this:
In Rain Offset in Offsets, Limits and Rainfall Totals, I’ve set Modified rain gauge new tip (mm) to 0.393
This is the result of 1 (metric) divided by 2.54 (Inch)
Now the rain is counting correctly with 0.1mm increments.
I’ve come around my problem for now, but the actual problem/bug is not resolved.

How did you alter the WS2300 raingauge to count 0.1mm instead of 0.5mm?
I looked into this about a year ago and the opening on the top was going to be something like 22cm dia for 0.2mm resolution, IIRC.
It’ll be interesting to see photos of the alterations you’ve made. :smiley:

Well… actually I haven’t modified the WS-2300-16… yet.
I’ve designed and fabricated a whole new raingauge with a 200mm diameter funnel.
The tipping bucket is 3.14ml, giving 0.1mm pr. tip.
My plan is to use the reedswitch from the WS-2300 raingauge.
But for the time being I’m using the WS-2300 mechanism for testing, therefore simulating 0.1mm tip.
I’ll post some pictures when I’m happy with the design an it’s working as I want it to.

Another addition to this topic.
With the Dual Counter and rain gauge connected, I tried stopping and restarting WD.
After restart rain is back to counting 0.3mm and 0.2mm, alternating increments.
But by going to “Control Panel” → “Offsets & Initial Rain” ->“Rain Offset”
The correct “Modified rain gauge new tip (mm)” still has the correction factor of 0.393
Now click “Yes” (to save the settings), and WD is counting correctly again with 0.1mm increments.
But one more thing: the Rain Rate and Maximum Rain Rate are counting 0.3mm and 0.2mm only.
These are not affected by the settings in Control Panel