Davis Vantage Pro 2

I am new to WD. I have gone through the setup wizard but I do not get any data display in WD at all. When I start the program I have a small window that appears “DavisVP data extraction”. All that happens is some numbers change in the top right next to the abort button and that’s it. No data at all. What have I done wrong? The DVP2 is connected via usb. FYI, Weatherlink works fine. Help.

Thanks

Tony

Tony,

Make sure you’ve turned Weatherlink off first because both programs can’t access the data at the same time unless you get a copy of Virtual Vantage Pro (softwx.com). If that isn’t it, someone will help you get it up and running. Welcome to Weather-Watch where you’ll find an awful lot of friendly and helpful people.

• Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Not the issue though. I made sure I only used either or due to possible usb port conflict.

Tony

Are you seeing any data in Weather Display from the VP2 or is it only the datalogger data that’s missing?

If you’re not getting any data then try these:
You have the correct COM port selected in Weather Display > Control Panel > COM Port.
In the station settings, make sure that the Baud rate is the same in Weather Display as it is in your VP2.
Until you’ve got the VP2 talking to WD then it maybe handy to turn off the datalogger in WD. Just make things easier if you have to keep closing WD for any reason. :wink:

Your USB logger has probably been set to a mode that WD can’t handle. See this FAQ.

The bottom line is that the software is not communicating with the VP2. There is no com port to select because it is on USB. I checked in the device manager of Windows XP and there is no com port listed with the VP2 connected. The baud rate is 19200 which is the default and have the same selected in WD as VP2. I have tried selecting all the baud rates and all the com ports just to see if anything would work and no data is displayed. Yet, if I run Weatherlink it immediately downloads the data and displays it. I’m stumped.

I also use a USB datalogger. I do not use USBExpress. I do use VVP and running 4 different weather programs. But mine uses com port 3 when it runs by itself. If you need any assistance please let me know.

Chuck

Chuck,

I need any help at this point. The VP2 is connected via a USB and is not communicating with the software at all.

Tony

In weatherlink how do you have your communication port set up. Mine is set up using serial not usb. Are you using the Silicon Laboratories CP210x USB to UART Bridge or the USBExpress Drivers.

Chuck

Chuck,

It is a USB cable. Not sure which one is on the system. How would I find out?

Tony

Lets start with Weatherlink and the setup and go from there. In weatherlink go to Setup>Communication Port How do you have that set up. I have mine set up as serial. There is also a auto detect button go ahead and select and see if the comm port is found and see what your baud rate is set up at.

Chuck

It is set up at USB

Go to your Device Manager and go to Ports and click on the + and see if there are any drivers there plus check your Universal Serial Bus Contollers and see what is there.

Chuck

I see the USB Express Device

please see the FAQ on how to change from USBExpress mode
(as Niko has pointed out already)

Weather Display Does not work with the USBEXpress Driver. If you look at the FAQ that Niko posted go to there and take a look. You have to use the other driver which is the one I posted earlier. You have to use the Serial to USB Converter. Like I said read the FAQ on it. If you still need help please let me know.

Chuck

Chuck,

I tried to run the driver but it does not run because it says the cp210xmanufacturing.dll was not found.

Chuck,

Ok I got it to run successfully and it says it converted it. How shall I proceed?

Thanks

Tony

Go back into Weatherlink and make sure it is set to Serial not USB. It has to be set to USB to work. Weatherlink will work either way just to let you know.

Chuck