Current State of WD Linux

I know Brian is hoping some day to get some time to do a little linux WD work, I thought it would be a good idea to start another thread, to find out (1) how many people are or are still interest in linux WD, and (2) what are the current issues we are having.

1. I am :smiley:

2. My major issues are APRS causing WD to close itself, image issue problems(ie summary.png can be huge one sec, then small next sec), some of the offsets donā€™t work(rainfall for one), and screen image capture when updating.

Just a thought.
:idea:
Chris

Well, if no one else will post, I for myself have good news. I grew tired of Mandrake, and replaced it with Mepis (a debian based distro). My image size problems appear ā€œgoneā€. So that is one my problem gone for me :smiley:

Chris

I would love WD for Linux, but seem to be stuck since I have a 1-wire station and there has not been any support for it so far. :cry: So untill then, all I can do is sit on my anemometer and spin.

Hi ray
one thing that could work:
Phillip Gladstone has a linux program for the dallas 1 wire stations
if he could get it to create a clientraw.txt file (see the clientrawdescription.txt file ), then wd can read that inā€¦using the client server setup and tick to use the clientraw.txt file
( i think thats in the linux version?)
anyway, i am nearly finsihed adding some (alot of work) things to the windows version, so then over the next few weeks i work on bringing out a new linux version (with the control panel and view panel added, etc)

I just checked and the clientraw.txt is not being created.
yep, we know that the windows version will always ā€œreign supremeā€ :lol:
It is still, by far the best linux weather software there is.

Buford Picklefeather

in laws have gone now
graphs in the windows version i nearly have finished
working on the lunix version for the last 3 hours,ā€¦

good news :slight_smile:
i have got it compiled, with the auto scale graph code re compiled
(less the custom auto scale graphs for now)
so now i can add the view panel and control panelā€¦and other thingsā€¦tomorrow

Brian, I try the new download, and I got this error:

[code:1]chris@0[wdisplay]$ ./GoWeather.sh
Exception EClassNotFound in module WeatherD at 0807E7A0.
Class TBitBtn not found.[/code:1]

ah, it was the autoscale graph windowā€¦
taken that out for now
will get a new one up
(i should have tested myse4lf!

Graph image is no longer being cut off. :smiley:

horray, thats a bonus!
now to work on the other things

hi
i have added the control panel and view panel, and other things like custom screen, wunderground almanacā€¦

will upload this new version soon!

version 3.0 zip (remember to make it executable)
is here at the moment:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherDlinux.zip

it has the control panel, view panel, custom screen and wunderground almanac added
still to figger out the auto scale graph problem
also, i should be able to do the graphing system of the windows version too

The wunderground almanac thing isnā€™t working for me. It will allow me to choose a country or a state, but no other choices come up. Also, did something happen to the realtime graph? I know it was working, but now nothing?

Still, looking good. :smiley: :smiley:

Chris

humm
the wunderground thing i just ported directly from the windows version,so it should workā€¦but i dont have a internet conneciton on my linux box to test
i didnt change anything with the real time graphā€¦

The real time is working now (I restarted, I donā€™t now why that would effect it but, no harm no foul :slight_smile: ) Maybe someone else will post, see if they get wunderground alamanc to work.

Chris

i see i needd to fix the scale for the rain and humidity on the graphā€¦

Rdzek:
java 1 wire for linux:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/owWx3.zip

Then unzip
then right mouse click on the comm.jar
and choose extract here

then you can set the i wire ID codes in the config file
and then you need to set linux classpath to run the Owweather.java program
but thats as far as I got, I got over my head
you might be able to do better
if you can get that running, then maybe we can get it recompiled to create a datafile that wd reads in