Getting WD conditions on Image Salsa captures

I wasn’t sure if anyone had posted instructions on how to get Weather Display conditions put on images from Image Salsa and I can’t seem to find any other postings on the topic. I was helping Traj set it up and I couldn’t remember how I did it so I thought I would post instructions here for anyone else interested.

The process is pretty straightforward and the attached screenshots walk you through the process. The first shows you how to get WD to generate a CSV file that can be read by Image Salsa and the other two show you how to configure Image Salsa to read the file.

Tony

wd.jpg

imagesalsa1.jpg

imagesalsa2.jpg

Good job!

:smiley:

Hello Tony…

That middle image you posted is from the additional “add on” of the image salsa “weather edition”?

…Chris

I believe so based on this comment on the website “If you are an Virtual Weather Station or Weather Display user and own a personal weather station, you’ll find that the Weather Edition can even import all your text, graphics and weather data direct from Virtual Weather Station or Weather Display. For example, you can place the current temperature right on the image.”

hi niko…

YES…I believe you are correct…it must be from the “Weather Edition” part of the program.

Would have been real nice idea if the people/person that created all the imaga salsa stuff had their own forum, as the manual is just not enough for figuring out everything yourself.

Thank you…Chris

I think there used to be when the old VWS forum was up, and I think he was on weathermatrix too (but it’s a long time since I’ve looked there). The VWS’ers hang on wxforum now so that might be a good place for questions.

Yup, it is the weather edition of the program. Development of Image Salsa seems to have stopped some time ago - not sure if the guy actively supports it or not. He definitely took orders for it though. :slight_smile:

Oh great. I decide to purchase it and he stops. Don’t suppose Brian told him about me do you?

Mark

Even a post from Jan 2009 is sometimes helpful!
Thanks ThortonWeather
Larry